I disfellowshipped my parents this week..

by fulano 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Fulano, I support you 150%, you will find plenty of love outside of the JW community. I am 64 years old, I am not a JW but a year ago I disowned both my mother and my sister. 63 years of emotional and physical abuse is far to much from a mother. A sister who is only there for you when you are willing to write her a paycheck otherwise she thinks you are scum.

Two years prior in my home, I was actually trying to care for my mother till the County Sheriff and the lady from social services took me for a walk and explained that for my safety and all members of the household this lady needed to be placed in a much more secure environment with 24 hour surveillance.

Best friends are sometimes closer then blood will ever be to you in time of need.

Stay strong there are a lot of people who truly you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Fulano, if you want us to understand WHAT you did, you might consider explaining WHY you wrote what you wrote to your parents.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fulano,

"Java" as in "Indonesia", or "Java" as in "programming language"?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Way to go, if your going to be treated like shit then throw it back in their faces. They think their so special yet don't even follow the teachings of Christ..
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I don't know your reasoning, but I do wish you peace and closure.

• Syme
    Syme

If my parents shun me after I make the DA step, it is possible that I will shun them back.

It is also possible that I will not help them when they are in need, if they persist on the shun rule. I think this is fair.

But, I will NOT request them to leave their cult/religion. It is their right. And we (as former jws, having suffered discrimination, persecution etc.) are supposed to have a heart for personal human rights. If they want to live in their delusions, let them do so. That is completely different from my requesting them to drop the shun rule.

• fulano
    fulano

@Nathan, it's from Bandung, Indonesia. Our family was one of the colonialists.

I am surprised by so many sensitive and positive thoughts, thanks!

@Syme. I understand your point of view. But don't they require the same from me? Come back and all will be as before.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

smiddy

Smiddy. I imagine you as the "in-law" are appreciated by your DIL in place of her real parents. Good for you. Sounds like you are doing a good job in they're place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit