In Case you care..... apostate words for Mum

by ApagaLaLuz 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wish I had the courage to write a letter like this to my mother Chevys.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Sassy: when I wrote this, I didnt know what to expect from her. I was in emotional distress the days leading up to me actually being able to give it to her. I had my best friend read it, she cried. I re-read it many times and cried. It was a very very difficult thing to do. But there was soooo much unfinished business between her and I, I had to get some closuer. Either it would end everything between us for good, or open the door to mend our relationship. Thankfully it was the latter. I dont think ANY monther WANTS to disown their children. For me it pretty much closed that chapter regarding the JWs, and I was Finally able to move on with my life. You're a courageous lady. You'll do what's right for you, in teh right time. *muah*

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Great letter Chev! Of Course we care, We LOVE you! (some more than others, you know who we are )

Well, off to lunch!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I Love You Mug 2 Thanks for sharing that.I tried to track down my MIA JW kin with a 'poor mans subpoena' [i.e. certified letter with return address requested.] No Luck....All I have my left of my Borg assimilated JW family is pics. http://dannyhaszard.com/my_family.htm

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

ahhhh Danny, what a good looking family. (((((((danny)))))) Those are wonderful pics! Just keep hoping one day you'll meet up with them. Shoot I was finally reunited with my long lost friend from England through THIS board, so you never know

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

GET THIS! Those family pics have been up for well over a year.I don't hear from them,not even to tell me to bug off.

Only in the Borg. Back to the topic,a lovely letter indeed.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

lol..... maybe they dont have access to a computer yet. Just give them time. *muah*

• Corvin
    Corvin

Great letter Chevy. We can only hope it will at least get your mother started thinking.

Corvin

• Puternut
    Puternut

Chevys,

Good letter. Full of hearfelt words that mean a lot to her. There is one line that caught my attention:

Please understand that Im not hurting or in pain anymore

That is important for other family members to know. Most think that we're miserable and dejected. Far from the truth. Excellent post Chevys.

Puternut.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks Puter. You are right though. The witnesses have a belief that we are all miserable if we're not at the meetings

Corvin here's the update:

This post is from 2 years ago. Up untill the time I wrote it I had not had ANY contact with my family. My mother never mentioned the letter after I gave it to her, but once when I was cleaning their house, I found it and saw that she had indeed done the research. Since everything was accurate that I gave her, she never said anything to me about. I now have a great relationship with my immediate family again. I eat dinner at their house, my mom and I just went out to lunch and shopping together last week, we almost never discuss teh religion, unless of course she's telling me juicey gossip :). But it wasnt just the letter that did it, though it did open the door for a reconciliation. Last year my dad had a stroke, then it was found that they had mold in their attic and my dad developed pnumonia and my mom's lung collapsed. They have since recovered. But during thet time I stepped up to the plate and took time off work, and practically moved back in to take care of them. That's what made all the difference. As for the rest of my family : 2 sisters and numerous aunts and uncles and cousins, I still dont talk to them, but I dont really care.

thanks again for your kind words. it means alot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit