What would you have done without the WT?

by expatbrit 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassenach
    Sassenach
    He's definitely not my second coming but he's right. Just because you can't face the
    truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth. The organization has got its hooks buried in you so deeply that
    you'll never let go.
    Unlike the 97% that leave and never look back.

What a statement to make! Xandit, I've been reading your stuff since December. You openly
    criticize the religion you belong to and you have given a weak explanation for why you remain
    involved in this organization. You made it clear that you do your own thing and pay little
    attention to the recommendations of those in authority.

You maintain a superior attitude over those that have left but stay involved by discussing this religion.
    yet you openly criticize the religion and act superior to those that have put trust in it and listened to those
    in authority.

For some reason they have a strong hold on you--their hooks must be in pretty deep.

Sass

• Xandit
    Xandit

Ah Sass, a smart guy like you ought to get it. I do what I 'choose' to do. Most here vilify the Organization with all their hearts, you don't hear me doing that. But will they let go? Not on your Nelly. The evidently spend hours every day here going over the same old ground, time after time, ad infinitum. They can't let go, don't want to let go, can't see that they're caught, something. If I felt the same way they do, the words Watchtower, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. would never cross my lips again.

Don't, by the way, think JWs are unique in this respect. Most religious leavers go their own merry way and wipe the dust off their feet. In almost every case about 3% become vocal antis. That's what you're seeing here.

• Sassenach
    Sassenach

Xandit, I disagree.

I think a lot of people here have carried on with their lives and are very successful.
    I also believe that if the internet did not exist, most of these people would not bother
    discussing the religion to the extent that they do so here. This medium allows for those with similar
    experiences to gather.

I wonder about your 3% figure. Where did you get that? does that include internet discussions
    or does it involve active "opposers" such as the type you would see handing out tracts at an
    assembly? How old is that figure?

And, I'm not a guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit