A day in field service

by dsgal 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dobby
    dobby

I can't believe how many Saturdays in my life were spent doing the same thing.

*sigh*

what a waste, all of those hours of sleeped I missed!

• LB
    LB

We live in a rural area. So the CO told our congregation that they should count the time driving to the first house. Suddenly the territory way out in the sticks became very popular.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I was the absolute worst about counting time. I would get up in the morning and then I would talk to my unbaptized sister that was a hour of time. Then we would go to the service meeting I would go on calls which consisted of a Starbucks trip meet up with my family in the territory and go to lunch. I would have my 3 hours in for the month in one day without ever leaving a mag or knocking on someone's door. I don't think I ever turned in 10 hours a month except the 2 times I aux. pioneered. They didn't let me the 3rd time because they were cracking down on people who had low service time and not letting them have privleges. I mean at 18 I am suppose to devote my whole life to the BOrg and always be in service.

Edited by - Scarlet on 7 August 2002 3:16:56

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi and Welcome!

I had just about forgotten those horrible Field Service meetings! You're absolutely right in that the entire group tries to put on a "front" to impress the visiting overseer. Is everything in this cult done for appearances sake? Counting time is what I hated the most. I mean can you imagine Jesus filling out a time sheet? Or perhaps the apostles? The way the Borganization likes to micro-manage everything people do cannot be healthy.
    Thanks for putting it in black and white. It's so good not to feel like a pre-programmed field service robot anymore.

YoursChelbie

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 7 August 2002 11:11:44

• twain30
    twain30

A sister once told me that counting our time is a necessarry evil, that way the preaching work can proceed in an organized manner, brothers in charge can keep track of weak publishers, weak congregations, etc. I am against the whole precept of counting time because it encourages an entirely wrong motivation for talking to others about the Bible. I know for a fact that many pad their hours, placements, etc. because so much pressure is placed on the friends to show a good report. With the new arrangements that were put into place at the last elders school this is especially true. In short, the statistics given are not true statistics, this process of counting time has skewered the preaching activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit