Where to liquidate WT library?

by bad_associashun 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

After some yrs, I've acquired quite a library of WT publications, as have many of you all I'm sure. How did you rid yourself of them after you felt you no longer wanted anything WT related? amazon, ebay, local book store, sell them back to brothers, burn them at apostate party, other...?

They're taking up space which is a constant reminder of my lost & wasted time with the WTS- interested in any ideas you all have.

Thanks

• Dino
    Dino

Whatcha got b.a.?

Dino

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Put it all in the circular file.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hey, what do you have? I actually want some of the literature.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ebay is an excellent place, but requires some work. Email me; I might be interested in a few items or be able to offer other suggestions (I won't see the email until late next week, as I'm about to go on a business trip).

AlanF

• Matty
    Matty

The society's own publications are excellent nooses for hanging themselves with! Every apostate loves the embarrassing "Life Everlasting" book for instance. I'm sure the Watchtower society would love to burn every copy of some of their old publications. Just look at the WT CD rom for ommisions and even amendments! Don't destroy them, whatever you do!

• writerpen
    writerpen

One evening around 6:00 p.m. I got up from taking a nap and just decided, "hey, I'm going to throw all the books and crap away." I loaded all of it except the 1999 WT CDROM into my little car (I didn't pack anything in boxes - just carried the books in stacks to the car) and drove it over to the trash dumpster in my apartment complex. I was feeling on top of the world because I was letting it all go. Then after about the third trip to the dumpster with a stack of bound volumes, I looked in a different direction and noticed a car full of Witnesses sitting there watching me. I got nervous, but was determined to keep up the trashing of the literature. Afterward, I felt good that I did now allow their presence to keep me from moving on with this important step, that ultimately meant moving on with my life. Needless to say the irony of the whole situation was funny.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

The dumpster worked real well for me!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

the dumpster worked well for me

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Do you have the 1975 era bound volumns?

Second thought, burn em, you don't really want anyone studying them again now do you?

It would bother my conscience, to sell them, so that they may be reused by a JW as a teaching aid to bible understanding!

However if you hang around these boards a lot they could be a good refrence to proving some factual arguements that arise here.

Just as when you are a JW they are your evidence for truth, after you exit the JW's they also become your evidence for truth only in a different sense. I wish I had kept my bound volumes for this very reason. I was there in 1965 through 1975 and remember what was read. I know what has been covered up, it would be intresting to reread some of that old stuff and see what comes up for me. However I can always order the CD s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit