Sister disfellowshipped between ages of 17-24yrs old. I lost track of her between this time as she was in another congregation.
I eventually moved permanently to her cong. where her family were all Reg.Pioneers. I asked after Sarah where I was told "Oh she's disfellowshipped".........that was the answer to that.
Fast forward on about 20yrs, I hear that Sarah has committed suicide.
Now what makes me sad right now are the following:
1) I never once caught her family speaking of her in all the years I was in that hall (approx 15yrs)
2) Was any attempt(s) made to restore Sarah over the years?
3) Was any extra consideration given for the fact her mother was in a single parent situation?
4) What do you think was going on, in that poor girls head?
5) Can those elders sleep at night now that she is dead?
If ever there were a good follow-up subject for another JW Panorama, suicide I think would be it. I know of all toooo many!
Edited by - Latte on 6 August 2002 0:15:14
Edited by - Latte on 6 August 2002 4:31:34