Lessons I've learned...

by WildTurkey 30 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Nobody knows everything. Saying "I don't know" doesn't mean I'm stupid.

There's nothing wrong in changing my mind about something when I learn something new.

There's nothing wrong with 'independent thinking.' It's just thinking.

Saying "I'm sorry" doesn't make me less of a man.

Real love--the unconditional kind--is rare but oh-so-good when you find it.

It makes good sense to have a retirement plan.

There are a lot more good people than bad people and you have to get to know each of them one at a time before telling which from which. Knowing their race, religion, the size of their bank account at the beginning doesn't help in the determination.

Loyalty to a friend or someone I deeply respect doesn't mean that I can't disagree with them or think they are wrong. Sometimes, for the sake of your conscience, you have to disagree with your friends.

On the other hand, sometimes people I don't care for are absolutely right.

It's stupid to call people names just because they don't see things my way.

Nothing bad ever happens to you when you tell someone, "Happy birthday" or "Merry Christmas." They usually smile, though, and wish you the same.

Birthday cake tastes as good as regular cake.

Only bullshit, evil, morally corrupt religions teach that they are more important than your family. Blood is way thicker than any religion.

• Solace
    Solace

This perfect post is why I like teejay.

Teejay, what you said is so true.

• ring
    ring

I've learned to never throw whites and colors into the washing machine at the same time.

I've learned that grass grows better on the empty lot next to my house than will in my yard.

I've learned that no matter how much money i make, I'm still always broke

I've learned a dog someone gave you will live forever, but one you paid money for will

get run over by a car in less than a week.

I've learned it only rains when I've left my car window down

I've learned i only loose my wallet when i have more than $50 dollars in it.

I've learned that no matter how much i make sure my insurance card is in my car..I can

never find the thing when i get pulled over for speeding.

I've learned my neighbors f^&king cat will always leave muddy foot prints all over my

black truck during the night after I've washed it

I've learned that while building something, if i cut four boards all to the same length,

one will always somehow be an inch shorter than the other three

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've learned to never believe what a person says he or she is, watch what they do.

Also, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, looks like a duck.....it's probably a duck!

bc QUACK!

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Ive learned not to stand in the fast lane of a motorway/freeway.

• Valis
    Valis

biker chicks often walk like a duck after a long ride..*L*

I've learned to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...till they steal my beer..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "would give you the shirt off my back, but not my beer" class

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I've learned that "now" is the moment of power... If I want to do something, or want to make a change in how I normally do things, I'd better do it now or else it won't happen.... Now is the only time that really matters, in that sense... If I'd known that when I was 13, before I got baptized, I'd be very powerful indeed

• mustang
    mustang

I've learned that most JW's can be dealt with and will eventually go away; that is, UNLESS they are a fanatical, overzealous relative.

Mustang

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've learned that if you heard thousands of dubs say thousands of really stupid things and you think there is no way that any dub could come up with something more stupid than what you've already heard, you will be wrong.

Farkel

• one
    one

I've learn that "people never learn"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit