15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

by JanH 114 Replies latest jw friends

• hannibal
    hannibal

JanH,

Excepting evulution is one thing, believing it in it full form is a nother.

Having faith in evulution in it full form flys in the face of any existance of

a creator.This dos not mean that creatures dont 'evolve' or adapt to its

invirement. This does happen, I've seen it in my small life span, How humans have

'evolved' or adapted to improve there existance.What does that prove, nothing.

Debates can continue on about sceintific research, and how it proves something

in your mind, But scientific research has'nt answered the biggest question and

that is how the FIRST living organism came about and evolved. There are

just as many questions about that in the theory of evulution as you have

with the belief of a higher power.

• JanH
    JanH
    But scientific research has'nt answered the biggest question and that is how the FIRST living organism came about and evolved. There are just as many questions about that in the theory of evulution as you have with the belief of a higher power.

That question is a big one, yes, but it is not part of evolution. If some extra terrestrial originally put living molecules here, evolution would still be true.

That said, I don't think the transition from non-living to living molecules are that significant. Personally I think the development of highly complex multi-celled organisms was a much bigger leap.

The fact stated by evolution is that all organisms on earth share a common ancestor. The theory of evolution states that the primary mechanism (but not the only one) for the development of organisms since the origin is natural selection.

- Jan

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

2. Natural selection is based on circular reasoning: the fittest are those who survive, and those who survive are deemed fittest.

Jan This, IMHO, has always made sense regarding just about everything EXCEPT the human race.

I mean look at us. We have got to be the single most F**ked up living thing on the planet and at the same time we manage to be the single most intellegent thing on the planet. It makes no sense at all.

How do you get past that?

Plum

• Faraon
    Faraon
    JanH needs to to read the publication "Life.Howe did it get here..be evolution or Creation.?" Published by the WTS. This highly Scientific book approaches the argument from a blank sheet of paper. Providing fact both for and against each argument. This book has been applauded the world over or its factual statements and quotes. I am sure it has won a literature prize from a third world country. And it is better than a college education.

Are you sure your name is not Pinoccio?

You don't need Scientific American to prove creationism wrong. Just read the bible!

The gods (elohim) create the light on the first day, but there were no days until he created the sun, moon, and stars on the "fourth"day.

They separate the waters and put some on the top layer of a firmament (firm, thin layer) Below this top layer, they create the heavens, on which they place the heavenly bodies on the fourth day. It does not matter that they are billions of years away or that some of them have volumes greater than a billion Earths

On the third day they create the flowering plants before they create their polinators and the sun, but Jehovah creates them after creating man, but before creating woman.

On the fifth day they command the water bodies to create flying animals, which later Jehovah creates from soil.

On the sixth day they create males and female humans in their own image at the same time, but Jehovah has a hard time finding him a mate among the animals, gets a bright idea, and makes a female from the rib of a male, which probably did not occur to him to do to the rest of the animals, which were created from water or soil, and man who was created from soil. This means female humans were the only ones created from living tissue.

There was no rain and plants were irrigated by mist, which could not be transformed into rain because magically the water molecules in the mist would not join to form droplets.

Animals were forbidden to eat other animals, so snakes and spiders had to poison their food to eat it.

Snakes could talk and had legs.

• JanH
    JanH

plm,

I mean look at us. We have got to be the single most F**ked up living thing on the planet and at the same time we manage to be the single most intellegent thing on the planet. It makes no sense at all.

How do you get past that?

I really have a hard time understanding what you are saying here. In what way are we "f**ked up" compared to other species?

Most organisms on this planet has an extremely brutal and short life, at one stage meeting a violent end, either by starving to death or being ripped apart, poisoned or strangled by a predator. Even in the past, when human lifespan was much shorter and life more brutal, most humans had it better than that. Today, of course, the majority of humans live a reasonable safe life and are able to prolong our natural lifespans beyond what our predecessors could dream about.

I suspect you don't really see what "survival of the fittest" (Spencer coined that term, not Darwin, btw) is about. Evolution is about the organisms being best adapted to their environment to leave offspring. That is what the "fitness" is all about. It is not about the strongest, biggest, smartest. It is all about spreading your genes. It is a measurable objective, and it doesn't say anything about what is morally good or bad.

So if humans lived "f**ked up" lives, and still managed to leave offspring -- and there are 6 billion + of us so who can argue? -- then this means we are "the fittest" in this purely evolutionary sense of the word. And that is all that matters for survival of our species.

For us personally, living good lives is very important, too. But evolution doesn't care about our wellbeing. It's up to us, using the tools evolution has given to us, to live a good life.

- Jan

• Faraon
    Faraon

Hannibal,

But scientific research has'nt answered the biggest question and that is how the FIRST living organism came about and evolved.

The bible has also not answered the biggest question and that is how god came about and evolved. If everything had to have a creator, who then created god?

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Plmkrzy,

Your question was addressed to JanH, but I'd like to put in my two cents, since it is a public discussion. I don't agree that humans are the most f****d species on earth. Actually, they are incredibly successful and can, for the 1st time in the history of the planet, actually influence evolution.

They've made remarkable progress. Of course, there are problems, but does this necessarily mean that's it's all messed up? I think that's the case only if you're painting them with a religionist's brush, saying they NEED help from a supernatural source.

Even if humans did blow up the planet--which i don't think is likely--it does not prove that there is a god or that humans are bad. There have been lots of failures in evolution--one source says that 99% of all living things have gone extinct for one reason or another--even without humans interfering.

What is, is.

Additionally, generally speaking, Darwin's evolution by natural selection was pretty well established before the Genome was decoded (?), the DNA analyzed and the molecular clock was established. All those scientific advances pretty much nailed down evolution. Humans and chimpanzees being 98% identical in their genes was pretty convincing. And there are many more that have been discussed here. My point is that it is more and more likely that 98% of the biology scientists are correct and not under the influence of Satan.

Pat

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Perhaps some one could explain food.

I mean, what really is food?

Food; one form of life to support another form of life.

I believe someone had to MAKE the first link in the food chain.

Question: How can food create itself when it has nothing to eat?

LIFE supports LIFE only by the death of another.

You know the saying, "Which came first the chicken or the egg?"

The intellect will take it one step deeper - Which came first, life or death?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    They've made remarkable progress.

Patio that would be an example of intelligence for sure. Nothing else has even remotely come close to it.

I really have a hard time understanding what you are saying here. In what way are we "f**ked up" compared to other species?

JanH, if you are taking into consideration human intelligence and progress and compare it to anything else there is nothing else to compare it to, nothing we have found on this planet anyway.

However we have single handedly managed to damage our own eco system and destroy not only other life forms that help maintain a balanced eco system and make life better for our own survival but have more disease and cancer and "crime" then anything else.

I don't understand how anyone can possible compare the savagery of and animal or an insect to the savagery of humans and call it natural.

Serial killers for example. They are among (sometimes) the highest IQs and certainly have more intelligence then a mosquito but continues to commit the grossest of acts against other humans. This is not natural selection. And yet they know damn well exactly what they are doing. Some want to call it insanity but whatever you call it, it isn't natural selection.

What other living organism has discussion forums to talk about it?

Also what other living organism creates entertainment that is violent for the purpose of just entertainment? Makes up stuff in other words.

• hannibal
    hannibal

"I don't think the transition from non-living to live molecules is that sagnificant"

-That maybe the most bazarre comment i've read from you? Evulutions whole

purpose is to prove through science how creation came about, isnt it? To

dismiss how it came into existiance at the beginning is bypassing the main

question that cant be answered through evulution.If that isnt sagnificant to you why are you

athiest and not egnostic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit