Why is Jehover's spiritual food copyrighted?

by berten 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

Bleep,

: Every type of information that is publicized should have a copywriter. "Jehover's" food is free of course.

You just contradicted yourself. Copywriting is done to prevent unauthorized people from distributing the printed word without permission and to protect the financial interests of the one holding the copyright.

If "Jehover's" (sic) food is "free," it should be able to be distributed by anyone at anytime without permission and without the threat of a lawsuit.

Therefore, you are an idiot.

Farkel

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Therefore, you are an idiot.

wrote Farkel.

Farkel,

You just noticed this about Bleep? LMAO!!!!!

's

out

• Bleep
    Bleep

A copywrite would also include the right to have the information as it is. So no one will change the wording. Why would Jehovah not want a copywrite for his Orginization.

I am sure a copywrite is needed in case there were people like Farkel who would be first in line to change the words.

Just my extra two cents worth, have a happy joy day haha.

• blondie
    blondie

Is the Bible copyrighted?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Good question.

Maybe they just want to take sole responsibility for all their mistakes. (shaking head in doubt.)

Sentinel

• Bleep
    Bleep

You could see if it is on the first few pages.

• Faraon
    Faraon

[quote]A copywrite would also include the right to have the information as it is. So no one will change the wording. Why would Jehovah not want a copywrite for his Orginization. [quote]

Maybe he wants to prove he is almighty and does not need lawyers and judges who are all part of Satan's Organization?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"A copyright would also include the right to have the information as it is.So no one will change the wording." WBTS gets new light on what God says all the time.Never mind changing the wording,WBTS changes their mind on what God thinks,and a twit like you could care less.You really are a glutten for punishment...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 4 August 2002 18:49:41

• blondie
    blondie

And which Bible would that be, Bleep? I have at least 40 Bible translations/versions. Are they claiming ownership of the words from God or only their interpretation/translation of the oldest manuscripts available?

I don't think anyone can lay claim legally to the actual words that the Jewish/Christian community say were inspired of God and I think that is a good thing. It makes it possible to have so many versions/translations available to people without one group controlling the content.

• Bleep
    Bleep

There are no "changes" that have been made. Jehovah's Witnesses never get a whole new set of rules or principles. They are the same around the globe. Anyone who want's to do what they please will be punished someday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit