cani get sued by the WT

by knighthawk1981 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I am in the process of writing a fictional book about the JWs and the Wt too but in my book I am changing names.

My story has nothing to do with AIDS. My main character, Devon McBride, is bothered by an old friends cry for help. She will be on a long and adventurous journey that leads to her involvement with a dangerous cult. Will Devon come through or will she perish? Can she save the life of her old friend? Stay tuned...........

Devon McBride (not my real name)

Edited by - devonmcbride on 3 August 2002 17:15:29

• NewWay
    NewWay

I don't know about the WTS, but you might get sued by those who own the copyright to George Orwell's 1984! Seriously, writers have gotten away with making salient comments about organisations, governments, institutions by choosing settings which cannot be identified with their target. By creating characters that have also no identifiable connection with the target, it is possible for the writer to speak his/her mind without creating undue suspicion.

Edited by - NewWay on 3 August 2002 17:26:35

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Fiction is fiction, they can not stop that. Just do not quote from their publications as those are copyright protected.

• rekless
    rekless

forget the fictional crap. if you wrote about the real thing people would read it thinking it was fictional.

You know they say truth is stranger than fiction.

If they sue you, your case may set presedence for a class action suit if you win.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I do believe that truth is stranger than fiction. This is by far my favorite account by "Dungbeetle" not long ago: It has BLOCKBUSTER written all over it. This one would definitely keep me at the edge of my seat.

From Universal Pictures, comes a movie that will change the way that the world views religious and civil reform. It traces the history of a small group of volunteers, begun by one man William H. Bowen, a Jehovah's Witness, that grows into a formidable group operating now from many countires of the world with members located on 5 continents. The movie begins in the living room of Bill Bowen and culminates in teh now-famous Silentlambs march in Brooklyn, New York in September, 2002.

This movie is a must see for ANYONE who does not believe that David, today, can win against Goliath. By the end of this movie YOU WILL BELIEVE!!!

Favored to be cast:

Mel Gibsen as young Bill Bowen

Noidea as young Sheila Bowen

Arnold Schwarzeneggar as present day Bill Bowen

Barbara Eden as Barbara Anderson

Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor as the Pandellos

Jennifer Lopez as Erica Rodriguez

Wynona Ryder as Holly Brewer

Hal Linden as Jeff Anderson

Sir Ian Mckellan as Raymond Franz

Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Ray Franz

Wesley Snipes as young J.R. Brown

Bryant Gumbel as present -day J.R.Brown

Martin Lawerence as Dr. Firpo Carr

Making cameo appearances as themselves: Kent Steinhaug, Simon Green, Randy Watters, Dr. Muromoto, Jim Moon and John Wirtanen, the Rawes.

Music soundtrack by REM available on audio cassette and compact disk.

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 16:40:25

Edited by - dungbeetle on 8 July 2002 18:7:3

From this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=31720&site=3

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 4 August 2002 0:22:2

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

if you have all the proper documents,the Watchtower would look very stupid,if they tried to sue you.

Everything I say on the issue of the Watchtower I have document proofs.Not only that,I have Watchtower literature in which they denie today what they wrote.

About all of the prophecies of Armageddon that didn't happen,plus they said it would come,especially the 1975 prophecy,I have the watchtower magazines that date back to 1966.Sure JWs say I'm a lier and apostste,but I have the magazines to back it up.JWs don't look back at the issues.Who really cares?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit