DO you REALLY think this is THE END OF JW's?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Preston makes some very good points. However, without the BORG, none of us would be on this site, and besides, it's kinda fun being able to call oneself an Apostate and I wouldn't give that up for anything! Hehe. But seriously, consolidating and rationalizing my Dub years has taken me a major number of years to do, and this place has helped. After I got all the "deeminz" out of my system, the people here carried on being friendly and wonderful conversationalists, so I stayed! It's that simple. Plus, it's nice to know there are people who've been through the same things as me.

Anyway, to respond to the actual subject of the thread, it must be obvious that nothing will completely get rid of the Watchtower. Apostates are basically like chemotherapy for the Cancer that is the Tower (in more ways than one) - while repeated applications of our Evil Apostate Powers might make the Tower shrink dramatically, we won't make it disappear within our lifetime, although I strongly suspect that we will make them change more than a few policies before we're pushing up the daisies. We've already caused widespread earthquakes in Dubland through the combined actions worldwide of certain of the more influential XJW people - and it's not going to stop as long as the murders and abuse continues.

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

All I know is that elders are dropping like flies, don't you agree Min.?

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

They survived the '75 decline - god was cleansing his organisation of those serving for a date

My father who quit his job at that time, now refuses to admit the society ever talked about a date. He spews the party line a few misdirected brothers blah blah blah...

Is there hope? I'd like to think so. At least some brains a defrosting one by one.

• minimus
    minimus

very insightful comments!!! As many elders and servants and pioneers leave "the ranks",the end is not going to come for a long long time.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I think they will decrease and finally disappear over the next 100 years. People will realize that there is no end of the world. Various scandals will come and go, some devastating, some minor. It will be viewed in the distant future just as people today view the religions of the middle ages that came and went.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I'm sorry to be a 'wet blanket'. but I must point out that the WTS is NOT losing numbers, not globally at any rate. Instead, worldwide, the Dubs are still increasing. Admittedly, the growth has slowed, but remember that's happened before, only to see a re-surge of new converts after a few more years.

I must respectfully disagree ozziepost.

If you accept any statistics as provided by the Watchtower Society in their Yearbooks or other publications, then you are as naive as a child.

Overzealous publishers with a desire to keep elders from hounding them fudge their service reports to appear more righteous than they truly are, and as referenced on this thread:

it is a commonplace practice, and a global phenomenon.

Couple that with the Watchtower Society's implementation of the 15-minute publisher, and it is readily apparent they are desperately trying to boost numbers.

Even going by their OWN yearbooks, the developed countries such as the United States, Canada, and several in Europe show ZERO growth or LOSS of numbers, and these are altered statistics.

Consider the mass exodus of the youth and the turnover ratio of converts. How many Witness kids do you know BORN into the cult and REMAIN as adults? The growth of this website alone is testament that the numbers of those leaving the JW cult is increasing.

Did you see Panorama? Notice how EMPTY the District Convention audience was? When driving past my old Kingdom Hall, I noticed on a sunny summer Sunday, the parking lot was only HALF full.

Then when you consider that so many are DF'ed every year for whatever reason, or their long-time loyal members are kicked out for questioning the organization (i.e. Joe and Barb Anderson, Bill Bowen).... then YES, you have a LOSS of numbers.

I know you said globally they are increasing. I still do not buy into it. If the core representation of their membership is in third-world underdeveloped nations, they will STILL suffer. Why? Because the WT will then lack the revenue to continue publishing their literature and suck up real estate. Why? They will simply not have the money. The poor people they convert will not have it to give.

This is only a matter of time.

Any increase they show is a masking of reality. With altered numbers on service reports in which so many individuals feel guilty about NOT spending time in field service report 50 hours when they did not spend a minute.. they are NOT active publishers. When they initiate the 15-minute rule to try to BEG people to go out in service and report their time. When they lose numbers who leave in disgust over the pedophilia scandal and other issues (i.e. generation doctrine change, blood policy, UN affiliation), when people who have been long time members (40+ years) are kicked out for questioning the practices of the GB, when thousands are DF'ed...

They ARE losing numbers, where it counts. The youth and the developed nations with funds capable of facilitating their growth.

DIE WATCHTOWER DIE!

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Hi Reborn,

Things must be really great in America, but sadly, the last time I drove past my old Hall, it was more packed than ever

Then again, South Africa is a country where only a very tiny part of the total population has access to the Internet, whereas in America many, many people have access...so that's probably a telling indication of just how powerful the Web can be!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Their assets are not unlimited. If the victims of WTS pedophiles start winning some big lawsuits, it could push them under. But, it will take a long time for that to be accomplished. I sure hope it happens though.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think that witnesses in the UK are in for a very rough ride indeed, because:

1. Panorama was a mega - hit to the witnesses, watched by by around 15% of the adult population in the UK. It majored heavily on the 2 witnesses to a crime rule opening the door to paedophiles. Also, it was accurate, and many dubs will have recognised the phraseology as being straight from an elders notebook.

2. The KM insert which enforces DF'ing, will have many dubs wondering if they can trust the elders to make any right decision whatsoever after the Panorama debacle. That this same society should be insisting that children should shun their DF'd Mother in the wake of such incredible incompetence as the paedophile issue will have many a witness turning a finger at the society as being not qualified to interfere with family matters.

3. The media and HM Government are getting heartily sick of the witnesses self-righteous attitude, especially the way in which they use the law to protect themselves whilst dishing out injustice to anyone who contradicts their teachings. Questions are about to be asked in The House of Commons once the summer recess is over.

4. The JW charitable status is well under fire, particularly as they give virtually nothing to anyone who is not a witness. If you click here you will be able to commence viewing of many of the Kingdom halls that are registered with the charity commission: http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/search.asp?words=jehovah%27s&searchby=keyword&keyType=N&limit=200&position=2&submit=+Run+Search+&OpArea=K&area_of_op = Clicking on any congregation of your choice will then show that congregatiuons aims as a charity. Typical is this one, which is the first congregation listed:

THE PRACTICE AND ADVANCEMENT OF CHRISTIANITY FOUNDED ON THE HOLY BIBLE, AS UNDERSTOOD BY THE DENOMINATION OF CHRISTIANS KNOWN AS JEHOVAH;'S WITNESSES, INCLUDING THE PREACHING OF THE GOOD NEWS OF GOD'S KINGDOM BY JESUS CHRIST WITHIN THE CONGREGATION AREA AND THE HOLDING OF MEETINGS.

Note the absence of any real charity, just a bald statement announcing their intention to practice the advancement of Christianity, as they see it. This is where they are most likely to falter however, as they may well have shot themselves in the foot with the latest KM insert which promotes shunning of family members. Hardly advancing Christianity to shun one's own Mother, which is something that the Charity Commission are becoming increasingly aware of!

Englishman.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Perhaps when the last member of the "remnant" dies?

Wait, I'm sure the WTB&TS will figure out a way to spin that as something the apostates did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit