I. P. Freeley.

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Remember when we were kid's at school, how we used to love to make up book titles with fictitious authors to match?

This sort of thing:

"The dangerous cliff" by Eileen Dover.

"The un-answered telephone" by Isabelle Ringing.

"Bare-back horse riding" by Major Bumsaw.

The fad faded for a while only to surface in a re-generated form for "The Simpsons". Bart would frequently phone Moe's Tavern, demanding that he be able to speak to various customers, so as Moe would have to shout out: "Amanda Huggenkiss, I want Amanda Huggenkiss! I. P. Freeley everyone, I. P. Freeley! Hugh Jarce, I want Hugh Jarce!"

The game is firmly back in play over here, Radio 2's Terry Wogan is now coming up with lots of the more obscure stuff which is quite clever in its way, most of which is emailed to him by the listeners. This mornings effort referred continually to a chef who went under the name of Mick Sturbs. I loved that!

I want to email some good stuff to the the Wogan boyo himself, so now I'm looking to you good people to come up with some suggestions for me, please.

Over to you!

Englishman.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i always liked "Under the Bleachers" by Seymour Butts.... (what a riot)

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Young People Ask: Questions That Work, by Heywood Jiblowmi

• Stealth
    Stealth

"Rusty Bed Springs" by I. P. Nitley

"The Chinese Over population" by Wee Fookim Yong

• LDH
    LDH

An old trick played on many a banquet manager (having to announce this over the intercom during an important banquet)

"EXCUSE ME. May I have your attention please? We have an emergency phone call. Is there a Mr. Jack Meoff present?"

......Come to think of it, I wish there was a way I could get this announced over the podium at the next District Assembly.

Lisa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Confucius say: "Man who lays on ground has piece on earth."

"Constipation Made Easy" by Hung Chow

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol, sorry I don't have anything to contribute....I'm just glad your prostate gland wasn't acting up, e-man!

hugs,

j2bf

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

We played a trick on a fellow employee. We had him return a phone call from a Mr. "Pat Smear." The number he called was a Gynecological Clinic! "Hello, is Mr. Pat Smear there?"

We were all rolling! He was red when the lady on the other end explained he was calling a Gynecological Clinic!!!!!!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Ring

Ring

"Hello, Buck and Shirley's Emporium, may I help you?"

"Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"

"Why yes we do."

"You better let him out!"

One must then giggle and hang up quickly

• Simon
    Simon

"Out of the Lion's Den" by Claude Bottom