Theocratic War Strategy at my house

by freeman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Freeman,

I'm not sure of your story but I do have two cents to add.

If you are in a position to do so, JOIN A CHURCH IMMEDIATELY. One that caters to youths, with youth programs etc. Get your kid involved BIG TIME in the church. There is not a thing your wife can say or do about it.

The WT has written articles about it being ok for your non-believing mate to expose them to his or her religion.....I'm sure someone here can help you.

Your child will be able to see from their behavior that they are not demons and he might even learn some tolerance.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

PS- Some "FRIEND" you got.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Lots of good advice here, Freeman. I would add to what Lisa has said: the JW meetings are boring for most kids, unless they have friends there that they talk to, make eyes at, etc. The boring nature of the meetings in and of itself may make a lasting negative impression on your son.

Lisas idea of finding him something fun and wholesome to do will contrast positively with the witness activities.

Best wishes,

Sam

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

As a kid, I went to many meetings, and book studies, with my zealot JW Grandmother. My parents were also JW's but only went to meetings on and off. I was allowed to play with "worldly" kids and even take trips with them. Many things were off limits of course (like b-day parties, xmas, etc), but I realize now how much that exposure influenced my thinking. I saw that Non-JWs were nice people and they weren't followers of Satan.

Yes, there will be a big conflict for your kids. There was for me. I couldn't understand why Jehovah would want to destroy all these nice people. I just didn't buy into it. Even very young.

Your situation is a difficult one. I say, give them as much "other" influence and exposure as you can.

Andee

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

avengers, do you happen to have any prints of your covers for sale? i always save them because they're so incredible. i actually want to have whole gallery of your work in my hallway. seriously. these are awesome. p.s. you should make a book out of them and try to get it published. i'd buy a copy.

and i think plmkrzy's idea would work! excellent suggestion. evil people require secrecy... this is shining the light right on them, much like when you turn on the bathrrom light at night and see that icky sewer roach skittering away (shudder). which reminds me, the water department's been digging in our neighborhood lately to repair a leak and i swear to god i saw the most gigantic roach hiding in my bathroom the other night... i mean, it was kafka-esque. scared the $#@% out of me. i woke up my son and made him kill it. i couldn't even stand to look at it. oog.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Much good advice here,

How about take up a hobby with your son like fishing. Get up early every Sunday morning before your wife gets up and leave with him to fish. I can't think of many boys that would rather go to a boring meeting than go fishing.

• freeman
    freeman

To everyone that responded, thank you. Sorry I did not reply sooner but I have been working very crazy hours, nights and days are just a blur right now. I will read through your postings in depth as I get the chance. Its just so wonderful knowing there are people out there that understand the torture this so-called religion puts families through, THANK YOU!

Freeman

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Freeman:

If at all possible, get your hands on the Watchtower of August 15, 2002. The question from readers is: "what guidance do the Scriptures provide about child training when one parent is one of Jehovah's Witnesses and the other is not?"

It contains the following paragraph:

"However, the unbelieving husband might insist that his children practice his religion, taking them to his place of worship and giving them religious education according to his faith. Or a husband may be opposed to all religion and insist that that his children receive no religious education. As the head of the family, he is the one primarily responsible for making the decision."

I will try and scan the article a little later.

Expatbrit

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Freeman:

Here are the scans of the WT article.

I think that using what is said here may be useful. If you are religious, then the suggestion made about getting your son involved in a mainstream religion that has fun programs for young people has value, imo. Once your son has developed friendships and had a happy time with this religion, and seen that non-JW's are generally nice people, then you could allow him to go to the Kingdom Hall a couple of times to see the contrast with the joyless and hatefilled worship of the Witnesses. I bet he'd never want to return....lol

Whatever course of action you decide upon, I wish you the best.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit