Theocratic War Strategy at my house

by freeman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

Mode=pissedoff

Well it looks like I find myself in the middle of the JW battlefield once again fighting the Borg for nothing less then the soul of my younger son. Many months ago I had forbidden my full-blown dub wife from bringing my young boy to cult programming, I mean meetings anymore. At issue was the shunning and blood issue. Some of you may recall that I had a nice discussion with my wifes PO and basically he agreed that as the so-called head, it was within my rights to keep him from attending. When he is old enough, like 18+ Ill let him make up his own mind to join a suicide cult.

I today found out that someone, one of "the friends" has secretly been taking him to some of the meetings behind my back. However, I am unable to find out whom.

For the most part, I have let my wife have her dub friends over and made nice nice. In fact I have done lots of favors for some of them over the years and each and every one has been treated well, however it seems this is about to end.

I told my wife that I want to talk to whoever is sneaking behind my back and explain my stance and if they dont agree to cool it, then they are not welcome in my home.

Am I being unreasonable here? I didnt think so.

Now get this: My wife is about to tell each any everyone of her dub friends that I said they are not welcome in my home, not at all what I said. She said Im not telling you who has been taking him because I dont want you picking on them and then again blurted out "I am telling everyone you said they are not welcome".

I said thats what YOU are saying, not what I am saying. I couldnt resist and just had to blurt out, "using Theocratic War Strategy I see"! She said this is not TWS. I said you are lying about what I said or meant. She however insisted that it is not lying and it doesnt matter what I said, this is what she is telling everyone.

So I guess now I will be marked and shunned over what is in reality a boldface lie. And as a bonus I get to have one more thing between my wife and me, yes one more thing to put further strains on our marriage. With that in mind I really would like to take a trip to Brooklyn New York and beat the living S*IT out of a few old men in diapers that have programmed my wife and son with this bulls*it.

So please tell me any JW apologist out there, tell me again about what wonderful traits your so-called Bible based training brings out in people. Tell me defenders of the indefensible how your wonderful organization doesnt breakup families.

GOD I HATE THIS FUC*ING CULT!!!

Freeman

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

this is what it is coming to....war! protest your kingdom hall for being the assholes that they are

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

GOD

this isn't even my kid and i want to throw my shoe against the wall. how DARE THEY go against your wishes? i believe you should have SOME legal recourse, somewhere. it's time to fight back and quit letting your relatives and friends in the trenches handle things. your wife doesn't respect your wishes, or you for that matter. this kind of thing makes me want to oh i don't know smack somebody up the side of the head, or something! she is out-and-out lying so she won't look bad to her friends, it's obvious. this is why i hate these people. who cares about being shunned now? it's time to get yourself out of there, and take legal maneuvers to obtain full custody of your son and get HIM out of there too. forgive me for being so direct but i am totally ticked off by this post. errr....

p.s. i'm sorry you're getting jerked around this way. don't feel as if you're alone in your plight, 'cause you're not. not at all...

your last remark bears repeating:

GOD I HATE THIS FUC*ING CULT!!!

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its like a chinese finger puzzle, the harder you pull the tighter it gets. Better not to attack this straight on, they will only turn against you and towards the organization more strongly. Just spend a lot of time with your son, let him know you aren't so "satanic" and build up his doubts in the organization slowly. It may come to a point where his mind may start to open up when he has the inner conflict of not wanting God to kill you. I know thats what started my road to recovery, "How can I not want people to die, but God does? How can I be more compassionate and forgiving than God?" I'd also encourage him to associate with so called "worldly" people, once he sees how normal regular people really are, he might start to open up.

Incense_and_Peppermints

i disagree with people who say you're fighting a losing battle.... you owe your son more than that. how old is he? if he's too young to formulate his own opinions, how can he be expected to change the way he thinks down the road? we all know they BRAINWASH people, HELLO... besides, why should he have to live with the monstrous fear that the very god he worships is going to kill his daddy? we all know how the jw's f--- with people's minds.

freeman, there are indeed things you can do. if you want to stay in your marriage, then ask your wife to go to counseling with you. my niece goes, even though they "frown" on that sort of thing. she has to, to get her weekly allotment of drugs. i fear that your wife will say no, but you never know, she might if you talk to her sincerely and gently. or you can quietly work on your own anger at this situation, which will be difficult, to say the least. but not impossible. i think subtly encouraging your son in a totally opposite direction will only confuse him. you are the "man of the house", and according to their beliefs, you call the shots and she is supposed to be "subservient" to you, so pull rank on her and put her in her place. (of course, this won't work if an elder is telling her to sneak your son to meetings.)

these people are EVIL

• knighthawk1981
    knighthawk1981

they sure are evil....almost makes me wish some nutjob would blow the tower to smithereens

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I don't think he is fighting a losing battle, I just think that attacking this head on is the wrong way to go. It may be the thing we all want to do, to fight for our rights, I mean I'm sure you are mad knighthawk, but the dubs will put up a big fight if you try to do this by force. They will turn your son and wife against you so fast it will make your head spin.

I think the only chance you have to get your son and maybe your wife out is to not be passive, but to be proactive while still being able to have an active relationship with them. All that I know is that if you put up a fight then they are quite succesful at cutting you out of their life completely. Its what my mom did to my dad, they got divorced when I was 12, and I haven't been able to have a meaningful relationship with him since. I spent most of my teens hating him because of the "propaganda" I would get non-stop from my mom about him.

Just think before you act and think what will give you the best chance for success.

• teejay
    teejay

I'm with jjrizo: let the kid go. Better yet, brace yourself and go yourself. That's what I intend to do one day.

It's a shame that you don't have a better relationship with your son or else *he'd* tell you who was sneaking him to the meetings. Then again, kids are stupid (mostly) so you can't expect much from them... especially when they've been taught they have god on their side and you have the devil on yours.

Then too, your wife's a silly bitch or else she wouldn't be betraying you behind your back and lying about you to her friends like she is, but dublife does that to some people. Makes them silly bitches, I mean.

Like I said, go yourself. Make the sacrifice so that you can give your kid the rest of the story. I mean... somebody has to. Might as well be YOU.

Incense_and_Peppermints

we have a responsibiltiy to protect our children at all costs. if you feel this is wrong for your son, you have an obligation to remove him from harm's way. and it's more than a feeling... it's a fact that the organization is screwed up and evil and do you want your son around people like that? i wouldn't. what your wife is doing is as damaging, or even moreso, than another kind of betrayal - adultery. like adultery, it is a huge breach of trust. only she's not just hurting you - she's hurting your son.

i partially agree with randomtask in that you take a proactive approach and slowly, subtly work on the problem from the inside. at least your son will be with you and you can monitor the situation, and formulate a plan that will work. but you can't just walk away, not if you don't feel right about leaving him behind.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

This didn't surprise me in the least that they would have your son sneak behind your back like that. In their twisted minds they reason that it was to save your sons life, so they can justify lying. I do agree with others on here that as soon as you take a hard stand against the cult, they will fight back. They will turn your wife and son against you. Don't forget they have brain washed them into believing that Satan is controlling you and you are being used as his tool to mislead them away from the "truth". Same thing happened with my children. My ex took them to all the meetings etc. She told them as long as I was DF'd they couldn't have too much to do with me etc. That was eight years ago. Today both my kids are old enough and they walked away from it themselves. They recognize what it is, a dangerous cult...

Will

Edited by - William Penwell on 1 August 2002 0:46:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit