Joe Anderson Disfellowshipped

by silentlambs 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

jack2,

I have read a number of shots the WTS took at the Catholics over this child abuse issue.

You wouldn't happen to be able to reference a specific WT article over the Catholic silencing that you talked about - would you?

hawk

(who is interested)

• worf
    worf

Yes Amazing,

It is time for the so-called religion known as the wts to be brought all the way down into non-existence.

Worf

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Perhaps those who are disfellowshiped are the lucky ones - at least they have a chance to see the WTS for what it really is and perhaps affect some positive change in the lives of those forced to grow up as Jehovah's Witnesses.

How right you are, Lee!

There is plenty of New Testament material that shows that a person only comes to a realisation of their need for the ransom of Jesus when they are at their lowest.

Cruel though it may sound, this action of the WTS is probably the best thing that could happen to the Andersons.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Francois
    Francois

I'm with LB. Um, wait a minute. I'm already disfellowshipped. Well, fuck 'em anyway. I support the victims and all those who help them.

Is there going to be a hired bus to Brooklyn? If so, will someone tell me about it? My email is open.

francois

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

I just want to clarify.

To date Erica has never been disfellowshipped.

WT atempted to intimidate her into silence with the threat of disfellowshipping but they have yet to follow through on it.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    To date Erica has never been disfellowshipped.
    WT atempted to intimidate her into silence with the threat of disfellowshipping but they have yet to follow through on it.

Interesting! And they DF'd Bill and the Andersons.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

LovesDubs said: I believe that the good hearted ones ARE LEAVING this organization. And we all know that takes time. It took me five years to actually leave once I knew I was leaving...FIVE YEARS. So have patience my loved ones...the exodus is happening like the beginnings of a Tsunami...silently under the waters until it builds the power to explode out onto the land. Wait for it.

Well said LD, and you may be correct.

Regards,

Sam

PS Excellent thread, btw.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

LovesDubs wrote:

Perhaps the general public who doesnt really give a rats patootie about this organization wont pay much attention to this whole thing except as it relates to "yet another organization full of pedophilia"...I believe firmly that the rank and file DO read, hear, see and care...and even if they cant say anything outloud now, it festers in their hearts, as these type of things did in each of OUR hearts, until we could contain them no more and they burst forth in a torrent of anguish. We all ended up on "this side" of the fence because we had our own last straws.

Perfectly stated.

I've stated this very thing more than once on this board and am ever more firmly convinced of its truth. The going rib here is that JWs---the implication being all JWs---are braindead. And even though I get it---the ha-ha, that is--- I realize that that is just not true. Long before the day that a JW's feet head for the door, his/her heart and mind bail. Until that point, his/her appearance and conversation give every evidence to all but the most scrupulous observer that s/he is still a believer. I personally know what of I speak.

And this is to say nothing of the many who are miserable but remain in their seats---for family and/or other personal reasons--- but are doing nothing to "further kingdom interests" because they have spotted the con---the pea is not under any of the shells.

Thanks for making this point again, and so well. It reminds us that there is definite reason for optimism despite any perceived evidence to the contrary. The Andersons et al should take heart.

Amnesian

• new boy
    new boy

The light gets brighter, doesn't it?

But not for the organizatiion.

Its brighter for the ones who hold on to it.

Somewhere reason has got to kick in, and people must say "hay this looks like crap, smells like crap and even taste like crap, it must be crap!"

After 52 years of rationalization, it did for me.

"Ingorance is 100% curable!"------------Jessie Cathill

• simplesally
    simplesally

And don't forget the ones that the WTS did NOT disfellowship: Manuel Beliz and Paul Berry, just to name two. The abusers can and do remain members in good standing with their supporters probably visiting them in jail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit