Brain Sex Test

by patio34 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Brain Sex Test

Introduction

It is possible to text how male or female your own mind is.

The extent to which men and women exhibit masculine or feminine behaviour is dependent on the organization of the brain into male or female patterns.

It is possible to be female and have some male mind attributes, and this simply depends on the presence or absence of the male hormone during certain stages of pregnancy.

1. You hear an indistinct meow. Without looking around, how well can you place the cat?
      1. If you think about it you can point to it
      2. You can point straight to it
      3. You don't know if you could point to it
    2. How good are you at remembering a song you've just heard?
      1. You find it easy and you can sing part of it in tune
      2. You can only do it if its simple and rhythmical
      3. You find it difficult
    3. A person you've met a few times telephones you. How easy is it for you to recognize that voice in the few seconds before the person tells you who they are?
      1. You'd find it quite easy
      2. You'd recognize the voice at least half the time
      3. You'd recognize the voice less than half the time
    4. You're with a group of married friends. Two of these are having a clandestine affair. Would you detect their relationship?
      1. Nearly always
      2. Half the time
      3. Seldom
    5. You're at a large and purely social gathering. You're introduced to five strangers. If their names are mentioned the following day, how easy is it for you to picture their faces?
      1. You'll remember most of them
      2. You'll remember a few of them
      3. You'll seldom remember any of them
    6. In your early school days how easy was spelling and the writing of essays?
      1. Both were quite easy
      2. One was easy
      3. Neither was easy
    7. You spot a parking place but you must reverse into itand its going to be a fairly tight squeeze:
      1. You look for another space
      2. You back into it. Carefully
      3. You reverse into it without much thought
    8. You've spent three days in a strange village and someone asks you which way is north:
      1. Youre unlikely to know
      2. Youre not sure but given a moment you can work it out
      3. You point north
    9. You're in a dentists waiting room with half a dozen people of the same sex as yourself. How close can you sit to one of them without feeling uncomfortable?
      1. Less than 6 inches (15 cm)
      2. 6 inches to 2 feet (15 cm to 60 cm)
      3. over 2 feet (60 cm plus)
    10. You've visiting your new neighbor and the two of you are talking. Theres a tap dripping gently in the background. Otherwise the room is quiet:
      1. You'd notice the dripping sound immediately and try to ignore it
      2. If you noticed it you'd probably mention it
      3. It doesnt bother you at all

Scoring the test

Males score (a) 10 points Females score (a) 15 points

(b) 5 points (b) 5 points

(c) -5 points (c) -5 points

Unanswered questions count for 5 points.

Most males will score between 0 and 60.

Most females will score between 50 and 100.

The overlap scores between 50 and 60 indicates a thought compatibility between the sexes.

Male scores below 0 and female scores about 100 point to0 a very differently wired brain than that of the opposite sex . . . yet differences also attract.

Male scores above 60 may show a brain sex bias to the female. Females who score below 50 may show a brain sex bias to the male.

However, all such differences are average differences. A male might score above 60 and still possess a male brain. A female might score below 50 and still possess a female brain. There are deeper differences than can show up in such a simple test.

(from Brain Sex by Anne Moir and David Jessel)

I haven't taken it yet as I've been busy typing it (whew!). Sorry, 6of9 that I put the scoring in despite your request. It didn't seem fair to me to not include the scoring. I don't think it would skew it as people know how they would react to such situations. Enjoy!

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 31 July 2002 23:35:38

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I got an 80----

guess that proves what I already knew----- I am WOMAN!!!

Spice of the female brain class

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Spice,

Congrats! When I had to go get a calculator to figure out calories in an oz of ham, I knew that was, according to Ms. Moir, a feminine thing. I haven't taken the test yet. Mmmmm I wonder what Mr. Fourskins would get.....

Pat

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just like a woman, to ignore my well reasoned advice. *sigh*

• patio34
    patio34

LOL 6of9!!

I finally took the test. ACHTUNG!! When I copied and pasted all the apostrophes and the dashes were lost. The real scoring is:

Minus 5 points for "c's"

My test came out to 70. I'm comfortable with that.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I scored 100 points

• patio34
    patio34

Holy Moly, Lilacs! What a very feminine lady you are.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

he he, tell that to the boys I beat up in school

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Ok, starting to feel insecure... about me womanhood... i scored 45...

Females who score below 50 may show a brain sex bias to the male.

However, all such differences are average differ

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Is this why i always say i don't understand women? Cause i truly do not, they are such strange creatures... Men i totally get, women, *whew*...

Ya know, to be serious here, i simply relate to men much better. We think alike, and at times i force myself to act female on hte simple basis of the fact that this is what is expected of me, to be girly.

Spice -- I KNOW her, she is very girlie i would say her score is very accurate, but ask Spice, we hang out a LOT, she admits i AM feminine but i do not always act "female."

Wierd...

Kisses,

MISS Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit