Sister Dub's first visit to the gynecologist

by butalbee 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Scully
    Scully

I get so infuriated at the level of ignorance that most dubs have about their own bodies. Even when I was "in", I felt that it was my responsibility to look after my own health, which meant being properly informed about how my body functions.

In fact, it was a dub sister who told me I'd make a "great nurse" because I had some basic knowledge (which by the way was NOT included in the Young People Ask book!) and got her to stop ignoring her symptoms and get her ass to the doctor.

This is the kind of people that are produced by the mentality that suggests 'reading Awake! magazine is the equivalent of a university degree'.

Love, Scully

• target
    target

There really are some real dumb Dub women (and men). I remember one who confided that she had a bladder infection but was taking care of it by douching with carnberry juice. Her husband was standing right there and put in his two cents worth about how that was the best cure. Made me wonder what other cures they used and where they used them.

Target

• thewiz
    thewiz

i figured you all go up end that it's a Jdub thing. i was waiting to see the way this was going, your deep bias against Jdubs is sickening.

read the womens trades like my wife gets on women stuff and invaribly there are questions in there about someone using a tampon and questioning their virginity. so is it JDubs who are the idiots or just women? -don't like it when i genrallize do you? putting ALL women in the category of idiots, but you all can do it to the Jdubs. sounds hypocritical to me.

target

that's not a JDub cure either, who is the idiot now. that's one treatment for "whole health healing" for individuals who are not comfortable with taking all the risky pills that Dr's perscribe to try and shove down thier patients throats. there are mor people who take that approach to healing then there are JDubs in the world.

Edited by - thewiz on 31 July 2002 20:40:28

• target
    target

The Wiz:

Cranberyy Juice is a known cure but you drink it!!! If you had ever looked at a picture of female anatomy you would know that douching has nothing to do with the bladder. And as far as it just being women who are stupid, her husband stood there agreeing with her.

You asked "who is the idiot now." It looks like you are.

Target

• thewiz
    thewiz

i have heard of women catheterizing themselves (not douching) and giving their bladders a colonic with cranberry juice (not that i would recommend it, to me it is unusual/extreme) and not one was a JDub. and i heard it works. want to get rid of cystitis real quick, i heard that is one treatment that many would rather take. Of course precautions would have to be taken regarding cleanliness and sterility as well as the concentration of the solution.

note, i am not recommending a form of treatment. a person would have to go to a proper source and follow procedures correctly. i'm just generalizing.

i'm not questioning your intelligence target, i'm just upset that people have this narrow view that "this-and-that" (or whatever arguement is being made) ONLY pertains to Jdubs, and it doesn't. that it is ONLY a Jdub concept, and it isn't.

it is the basic question of "why are JDubs like this?" -when half the entire world could be doing the same thing. that when Jdubs do something, some how some way, many on these forums will confine the issue as if it is only relevant to JDubs as if it only applies to them.

• target
    target

Thewiz:

I think the problem here is that when we talk about something dumb that Jdubs have done, some can get the impression that we mean that it was done and it was dumb BECAUSE they were Jdubs. That is not the case. I have relatives who are dumber than any Jdub I ever knew. Let me see if I can think of a few.Hmmm. My husband's sister insisted that if a women does not douche after sex, she will get fat. She also said that if you don't dust your doors regularly you get worms in the house. When she got pregnant, she asked her father where the baby would come out. Now that I am talking about dumb things a relative said, does that mean I think all relatives are dumb? Well, yes, but that is besides the point.

Target

• butalbee
    butalbee

Anyone who douches with cranberry juice is an idiot,.

"this-and-that" (or whatever arguement is being made) ONLY pertains to Jdubs, and it doesn't. that it is ONLY a Jdub concept, and it isn't.
    This doesn't just apply to dubs, I'm not catergorizing any religion, race, or sex. I just think that a 29 yr old woman should have a better understanding about how her body works...
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

I saw a girl in a bikini top in the New York Times......am I a virgin?

LOL

I shouldn't talk. I hadn't even kissed a girl before I met my wife.

ash

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

29 and she NEVER had a GYN visit? How weird.

Is she ugly, or just frigid?

ash

• butalbee
    butalbee

I won't comment on her looks....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit