Sister Dub's first visit to the gynecologist

by butalbee 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• butalbee
    butalbee

At work last week, I was sitting in the break room doing some of my paperwork, there was a couple worldly girls sitting at a table--Penny and Lisa, then walked in Sister Tammie, and sat beside them. I rolled my eyes as I normally do, for sister Tammy is the dub of all dubs, always at the hall, always leaving Awake rags all over the place, always looking for converts....

Okay, I'm there trying to act inconspicuous, for Sister Tammie is a sister in law to my ex-dumb dub boyfriend, and well, I'm pretty much now Satanic in nature to all in that particular congreg. for what extremes I had to go to, to get him out of my life...But me easedropping on their conversation, at times is amusingly worth it.

"So, how did the doctor's appt. go?" Asked Penny to Tammie.

"I've never been so scared in all my life, it was horrible." Said Tammie.

"Better get used to it, you have to go every year!" Said Lisa.

"Oh, geesh, I thought only married women had to go there."

"So, what did the doctor say?"

"He gave me these pills that I have to take everyday."

(Okay, at this point I stopped concentrating on my work, and started really paying attention to this conversation.)

"What kind of pills, Tammie?"

Tammie whispers, "Birth Control Pills."

"Birth control pills!!!" Penny hollers out.

"Shhhh........they're for my period."

"Didn't you have a boyfriend?" Said Penny, knowing of a special male dub that had been courting Tammie.

"He was just a friend." Barked Tammie, sounding very defensive.

"Was?" Said Penny.

"Yes, we no longer speak, I invited him over to meet my parents, and never heard from him again."

"So, he bolted on you!" Said Penny

"Do you know how to take the pills, Tammie?" Asked Lisa.

"No, I was given a pamplet with them, and that's all."

(Now Penny and Lisa try to teach Sister Tammie HOW to take these birth control pills.)

"Everyday at the same time?? What's the placebo?"

"The pills you don't have to take when you have your period." Said Lisa.

"Yeah, I feed them to my boyfriend, I tell him it's for his sex drive." Jested Penny.

Tammie sits there, making little irrating noises directed on Penny's so worldly statement. For a moment I though she had gas.

"So, did you get a pap smear?" Penny asked.

"Oh, that was horrid, It hurt so much, is it supposed to be so painful?" Asked Tammie.

"Yeah, but only the first time!!!!" Lisa remarked with a laugh.

Tamie whispers again, "I spotted some afterwards."

Of course Penny had to repeated Tammie's words loudly, making sure EVERYONE in the breakroom heard this. Hehe.

"Penny, shut up!"

Then there was a long silence, so I figured Tammie had been embarrassed enough, so I started to resume doing my crap...and drinking my coffee.

But then Tammie made another comment, that made me choke on my coffee, I mean I coughed my lungs out.

"Does this mean I'm not a virgin........since I bled?"

Hehe.

At this point I was paged to the front end, and could not hear the rest of the conversation.

• TR
    TR

Hi Butalbee!

Weird. Sister dub talking to the worldly girls about gynecological topics? Too weird. Well, I guess 'hovahs know very little when it comes to these topics.

TR

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Now, that's probably the least fun anyone had while losing their virginity.

JW's are pretty funny, when they come into contact with reality. It's like "Leave it to Beaver" meeting "The Osbornes".

• butalbee
    butalbee

I thought it was weird too. Really surprising. I think she just wanted a worldly prespective on her experience.

• SYN
    SYN

This has to be the funniest post ever!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

"Hey, John. I had a wet dream last night. Does this mean I'm no longer a virgin?"

• Imbue
    Imbue

Many woman are prescribed birth control for acne or regulating menstruation. This is not unusual. It's also not unusual for dub woman to never see a gynecologist. I know a JW woman who was a virgin until, she married at, 30 years old. Then, she had a hysterectomy at age 35 because of fibroids. She never went to a gynecologist until after she was married and she was always very sickly through out her 20's. It turned out that these fibroids had been her illness along.

btw..Medicaid paid for all her surgeries because she and her husband had no health insurance since, they were pioneers. It makes me sick when people take advantage of the system when they are capable of providing for themselves. This is all acceptable to the WT as long as they keep selling magazines.

Edited by - Imbue on 31 July 2002 13:58:21

• butalbee
    butalbee

I'm with you--Imbue--It makes me sick too.

• butalbee
    butalbee

This post may sound funny, but in truth, it's very sad, it's sad how little Tammie knew about preventative precautions, including but not limiting to going to a female doctor to get a check up. Cervical, Ovarian, and breast cancer is serious, and yrly check-ups, as unpleasant as they are is very very important.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

This reminds me of my first visit (age 16). I was having some problems so my desparate dub mom took me. Well, the gynecologist prescribed birth control pills for me. No sooner were we in the parking lot that my mother tossed them in the trash, saying, "you're not taking those, it will give you an excuse to have sex". So I remained in agony until I moved out of the house. How sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit