i had my neighbours beaten up last night!

by josephus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• josephus
    josephus

my neighbours have been having a party for the last two weeks. they are both drunks, and spend the day drinking with their mates outside my brothers apartment where i currently live. i tried to stop them, but as they are convicted violent crims i was at a loss.

now instead of tolerating it i asked the local terrorists for help. as they claim to govern there estates they were happy to help.

i saw both today, one was black and blue, and the other had three broken ribs, and a puntured lung.

i feel a bit bad for them, but not really guilty. my question is, what would you have done?

regards

josephus

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi Josephus,

Asking somebody outside of Belfast to comment on behavior within is a little like trying to describe air travel to an ancient Babylonian shoe salesman. He may wonder, but he would certainly not understand. Belfast needs to be experienced before it can be commented on. For myself, who has experienced it, I would keep my head down and pray for wings.

Best regards - HS

• SYN
    SYN

Note to self: Do not move in next to Josephus.

• LB
    LB

josephus no police where they live? Usually cops love to bust heads. A call from you would have made a cops day.

My neighbors are fine. They live far enough away that it would take a high powered rifle to reach them. So noise isn't a concern unless they are shooting their guns. In that case I really don't mind unless they shoot over the fence. That would cause problems.

• ISP
    ISP

I wonder if thats the end of it, Josephus?

Nice knowing ya......

ISP

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Josephus:

As Macciavelli said "men should either be caressed or utterly crushed".

The good thing is that you have gained some satisfaction and taught them a lesson. The bad thing is that their bruises will heal and leave them the power of revenge. Please be exceptionally careful about this (including not posting about it on public discussion boards!).

Expatbrit

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Here here Expatbrit.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

josephus

You may want to move.

Where I come from anyway, favors like that don't come free. It would eventually be collected sometime down the road. What do you have that they might want?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

you see, there's this thing called a telephone. you use it to call your local constable, policeman, or peace officer. try it sometime.

p.s. why does the fact that you feel no guilt @ all disturb me so.? ew.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Dude, I think you went a little over the line with that one. I agree that noisy neighbors can drive you nuts. I also understand that many times the cops are very apathetic and leave you to deal with it yourself.

I'm not in 100% disagreement with your handling of the situation though. As in your case, there are those among us who are so dumb that they only understand our point once it is physically beaten into them. Do be prepared for reciprocal action though.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit