i had my neighbours beaten up last night!

by josephus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Josephus,

What you did is totally condemmed in the Bible and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The Bible clearly states that such people are not to be beat up at all. That is the most anti-Biblical, unChristian thing I could imagine.

Next time, try to follow the Bible's wise and practical counsel before you act so rashly. Next time just stone them to death.

But only in modeation.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 30 July 2002 19:40:58

• target
    target

Josephus:

I happen to agree with you. We had a miserable neighbor who we tolerated for about ten years. Arrests and restraining orders do little. If we had known someone who would have been happy to do the job, we would have had it done, too. As it was, we ended up selling our house and moving. One should not have to move because someone else can't behave in a civilized way. Calling the cops does not do much. You have to have 'proof' and even then when we finally had the person arrested, bail was made immediately and things picked up where they had left off within two hours.

I'm with you on this one.

Target

• kat7302
    kat7302

Sorry Josephus, Im not in agreement. your neighbours hadnt actually caused you any physical harm so why did you feel that you had any right to inflict any on them? I understand that they were being a nuisance but let me ask you this....are you sure you're not doing anything that may annoy them? If you are and they believe that this is the right way to act, prepare to have it inflicted back on you. If someone did this to a member of your family and then explained how they were being noisy and geting drunk, would you pat the guy on the back and thank him for teaching your family member a lesson? No, I didnt think so...I think you acted hastily on this one and I agree that it may come back to haunt you.

Frankly, Im disgusted that people see violence as the answer, is it any wonder the world is where it is? Are you really an ex-Jw Josephus who comes on here to post about what the JW's have done? Have a think about your actions and you may not seem so far away from them yourself...at least they have principles for the most part.

• josephus
    josephus

thank you for your replies.

to make it clearer.

the neighbours are themselves terrorists with violent convictions.

calling the police would be considered a traitorous thing to do in the community.

if you need something done you ask the local factions or nothing gets done.

i am as litigious as the next guy but know when to give up on the law and seek other justice.

for the record i feel bad, but noy quite guilty. the block i live in has a 74 lady with 2 strokes under her belt. when she complained they threatened to break her windows.

i am concerned about being called on to repay my debt, but i am moving in sep to a nice law abiding private area. with no social housing nearby. yippee

regards

josephus

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Belfast is a planet on its own. It is hard to live there without coming into contact with some of the toughest, hardest, most militant people you might ever want to imagine. Certain areas, one from which Josephus heralds are very, very dangerous places where even the Police will not enter. It is not an ideal place and is certainly not a place where accepted codes of civilized behavior survive very long without drastic adjustment.

I cannot condemn Josephus for what he did, but I will say Keep ya head down boyo and I am pleased to hear that you are moving to another area - ever thought of Australia..lol

Best to you Josephus - HS

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Josephus....who is terrorising who? You neighbours party and you get them beaten up! You don't do too much for the community yourself dude. Hope you enjoy surburbia......if you don't like it you can always get your buddies to hand out some street justice.

Peace on you....

ISP

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I am pleased to hear that you are moving to another area - ever thought of Australia..lol

Are they still sending their criminals to Oz?

Place is full of good Irish convict stock already. Just look at our past PM Paul Keating. He came from Irish Catholic stock too. They're the foundation of the Labor Party in Oz.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm with you, joe. All force is backed up by violence of one type or another. That's the only reason police have power in most places. In your area, others have more power, because they are more violent than the police, unless the police really get their hair up. Wishing you and yours a more peaceful future.

SS

• kat7302
    kat7302

I do agree that calling the police doesnt always achieve anything. If ever Ive had to call them, I then feel terrified that the people concerned wil be back to make me pay. Its sad that it ever gets to the point when we have to feel terrorised in our own homes (isnt that a sign of the times!) so I am feeling a little more leniant towards you now Josephus....hope the move comes before the repercussions!

• Perry
    Perry

(Deep Raspy Voice) - Please consider this little token as a gift.

(Raspier and now Strained) Some day, I may call upon you for a favor.

(extends back of hand for adulation purposes.)

Oh pleez, grow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit