".......... but are as angels in heaven"

by Ice Blue 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewWay
    NewWay

IceBlue: Thank you for your polite words. I hope you realise that I am not trying to uphold a WTS view for the benefit of the WTS. I try to be reasonable, which means that I am willing to still accept certain things I was taught while an active JW, as long as I believe they stand up to scrutiny. Like most mortals, I have been wrong in the past (believed the WTS was God's sole channel of communication, didn't I!), and no doubt I also currently hold some beliefs that will require change. I must admit that this subject of marriage and resurrection has been 'on hold' with me for many years. It used to bother me that people, certainly if they were resurrected as human beings and retaining their original memories and emotional feelings of attachment that they would not be allowed to be in a married state with their original spouse. Nevertheless, I am learning all the time, and am willing to consider other people's views. This is why polite reasonable 'debate' with many others is good as such contributions make towards at least a better understanding of why people believe the way they do. Sometimes our views can change radically based on new information and being made aware of other viewing angles. If we ever get to the point where we think no one can teach us anything, then I think we shut ourselves off from potentially exciting discoveries in the field of human knowledge and experience.

Kind regards.

• Solace
    Solace

This has been on my brain from time to time. I have brought up the ressurected being "equal to angels" to my family. This has always made me believe that the ressurected will not be the same as those who will supposedly survive through armageddon. I have also mentioned the "perfection" thing. Doesnt it say in the bible that flesh is sinful? So how can it become perfect while still fleshly? I have never really given much thought to the sex thing because I always thought of that as a fleshly desire etc.

• Ice Blue
    Ice Blue

NewWay, I look forward to further posts from you. Although no longer classed a JW, neither am I bitter or angry towards my former life's course or those who still exist within it. In reality the 'truth' at one time saved me from myself - but that is another story and not for this thread. There is indeed much pain, but there are specific reasons for that, and again this is not the right time or place for such things.

I have always believed an old adage 'the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement'. Our knowledge can always be extended and improved upon - but, only if we are truly willing to listen, to learn and to change, will it be accompanied by wisdom. And wisdom is the real prize, the ability to use our knowledge to benefit ourselves and others.

• NewWay
    NewWay

Amen!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi Heaven

Mind if I give this a shot? This is just how I translate what I have read.

Doesnt it say in the bible that flesh is sinful?

It only became sinful with Adam and Eve. They were created perfect in the flesh.

Sex was not the sin spoken of in the Bible but merely what people adopted and made popular.

The first sin was deception/lie/betrayal in a nutshell. Along with greed. Allowing physical desire to influence ones dicission rather then faith in God. There is no mention in the Bible that Adam and Eve were having sex when they sinned.

So how can it become perfect while still fleshly?

Because perfection was how man was created and the Bible's explination is that is God's desire, for man to return to the state he was originally created in.

There is no way we can understand exactly what that means because we have never expierenced it.

I have never really given much thought to the sex thing because I always thought of that as a fleshly desire etc.

The sex thing is a fleshly desire and a normal desire. Not a man made desire either. It just gets way out of control sometimes.

But having the desire to have sex is not a sin but natural. Adam and Eve were created perfect WITH fleshly desire.

The problem with them was they were also given authority over their fleshly desires, something animals don't have. So even though man was perfect, they were also capable of making good choices and bad choices and stupid choices. And not only that but they had all of this ability given to them but absolutely no experience to rely on when making a decision so the only thing they had to depend on when making a decision was their faith. Their mistake was and there sin was their loss of faith. Not fleshly desire.

plum

• Solace
    Solace

PLM

Oh, I dont personally think sex is sinful. As a witness, I just never really thought it would be a priority in "paridise" with everyone being "perfect". Its like, wouldnt we be too busy worshipping and serving Jehovah? Plus, its not like the earth would need to be populated because it will already be full of "perfect" people. This is why I always thought strangly of witnesses who said, "We are waiting to have children until the new system arrives, why bring them into this world." I guess I just have a hard time believing that people could be "equal to angels" and "perfect" and still be in the flesh, I would think we would have to be more of a spirit being in order to actually become more spiritual, ya' know? The example of Adam & Eve is a good one though as they were "supposed" to be perfect. Right now Im not really sure what to believe and appreciate everyones advice and opinions though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit