".......... but are as angels in heaven"

by Ice Blue 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ice Blue
    Ice Blue

One of the many teachings that troubled my conscience Matthew 22:30. Does this mean that after Armageddon there will essentially be several different classes of people ie survivors (who may marry) and resurrected ones (who may not) and those born after Armageddon (presumably who may)?

Does this mean the resurrected ones will be sexless - like 'drones'? Surely then they will not be the same person that they were? Are they to be denied the ability to love and be loved by one mate?

And having been led to believe that once the earth is full (God's original purpose) what then will be the point of ones sexual organs? Or will all then '............ be like the angels'?

Edited by - Ice Blue on 30 July 2002 16:58:50

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Ahhhh. One of the great paradoxes of JW teaching. Anybody want to help out (because I certainly could never figure this one out).....

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Ahhhh. One of the great paradoxes of JW teaching. Anybody want to help out (because I certainly could never figure this one out).....

I just chose, a loooong time ago to ignoe it.

who knows what they lost in the translation.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 30 July 2002 14:30:51

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

You are forgetting that we are imperfect and we will be different people in the new system. We won't want anything that we want now. We will be happy because Jehovah will say we are happy. If we decide not to be happy, he will kill us. If you desire to have relations with people, like the sons of the true god have before, you will be destroyed. So in a way, JW Cult is preparing us for the new system. Keep smiling and ignore your feelings and you will survive!!!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

to post a real answer that a JW would give, apart from "Wait on Jehovah" would be this:

Resurrected ones will be perfect when resurrected. They will be unevenly yolked if they have relations/marry an imperfect one. So they in turn could not "be with" a person who walked through armageddon. If a couple were to make it through armageddon, they could help fill the earth by producing children. Those who have died will be resurrected into the "Angelic Class" w/out gender. They will not be able to procreate. Their job will be to subdue the earth "Subdual Class". once the earth is filled and subdued, the "Genital Class" will lose their genitalia (ouch) and the "Subdual Class" will lose their subdual powers and form one big "Servant Class" These people will be forever and ever and ever unless they become unhappy and then they will be killed as not to contaminate the clean, for we all know Jehovah keeps his new system clean. New scrolls will be made open to us and they will inform us what our next duties will be.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hello Ice Blue,

I looked this up once many years ago. there was a WFR on this question as to weather this applied to those of heavenly hope or those who would live on earth.

From what I can remember the logic went as follows from the WTS. Since when this was spoken by Jesus was done before any of his followers had or were introduced to the thought of having a heavenly hope then it must apply to those who would live on earth. Jehovah will see to it that these folks will have meaningfull lives without being married..... we will have to wait and see.

This answer troubled me more since using the same logic one could then disregard all references to a paradise earth, living forever on earth and such from the Hebrew scriptures once the heavenly hope was introduced.

When I asked others about it... I always got the "we must wait on Jehover" answer.

• Valis
    Valis

I recently heard a book on tape by Rodman Philbrick, called The Last Book In The Universe....Its a story of post Armageddon life for those who live in the garbage of a dead world. And then there are those from Eden...the perfect place to live, with perfect people that had survived the cataclysm and plagues....I didn't realize it was meant as a child's book till I looked it up on Amazon...*L* Its a quick read I'm sure, but it really speaks to something more akin to the future than any JW nonsense.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Ice Blue
    Ice Blue

Stealth - It's quite amazing just how much we have to 'wait on Jehovah' for. It's the classic answer for 'I haven't a clue, and don't dare think about it, lest someone thinks I am questioning my faith'

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

The most logical way to view that scripture is that those who experience the resurrection are "as angels in heaven" in the sense of being resurrected with spiritual bodies of the same substance as the angels. This of course is not what is taught by the WT society however in view of the description of the resurrection by Paul in which he states that if there is a physical body then there is also a spiritual body, a resurrection to the spirit makes sense.

• NewWay
    NewWay

If one is 'like' an angel then one would have no need for sexual organs, since any love that is expressed is of a non-sexual nature. Some believe that this scripture refers to the 'heavenly resurrection', but there it could be argued that the Sadducees, being Jews were talking about the expected resurrection in the flesh. So it may be best to simply leave the matter 'on hold'. If we believe in a God who will reward those who are faithful to him, then we can be sure that whatever he decides for us will be a joy.

Since it is not necessary for a woman to experience sexual pleasure in order to become pregnant, then we might ask why God provided women with organs for climax. Likewise, men can still experience sexual pleasure even though sterile. So, 'filling the earth' does not have to mean the destruction of sexual relationships. Although it has provided an 'incentive' to help continue the human race, it's has a most important role to play in bonding two people together both physically and emotionally. Of course, only being able to base our views on what we currently are familiar with, it may take a lot of faith to believe that God could well have something even more exciting than sex in the manner we know. Anybody who has ever seen Cocoon will know what I mean!

Edited by - NewWay on 30 July 2002 16:26:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit