Many thanks to the faithful.

by CoolBreeze 16 Replies latest jw friends

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

I just had an interesting conversation with my 19 year old cousin who just DA'd himself today. We were discussing stuff and things when he made a remark that took me off guard. We were discussing the Borg's stand on the internet. He said: "Keeping us off the net isn't just to prevent us from reading things that might stumble us. There is as big of a fear of having some the brothers start their own web sites, and having the rest of the world find out how narrow minded, uneducated, and just downright ignorant most of the truly zealous ones really are."

When he said that, it made me think about some of the posters we have on this site who are staunch defenders of the "TRUTH". For the most part, they come off as narrow minded and ignorant as my cousin said. This also holds true for such sites as greatcrowd and such.

Now imagine your a householder on a Saturday morning. Those pesky but nice people come to your door peddling their second rate salvation. You take one of their little magazine to be polite, and close the door. Later in the day you get bored and decide to surf the net for a while, you happen to glance at the little magazine you've been to lazy to throw away and get curious. You start running a google search on Jehovah's Witnesses and the first 10-15 happen to be apostate sites. You see a whole bunch of folks venting about how awful things are inside the Organization, and you think "Well people who leave a religion are bound to harbor resentments ... ho hum." Now as your reading all about the atrocities that have occurred to various folks in many different lands, because they decided to think for themselves , you come across a post from someone like Bleep. Just as your thinking "If things were truly as bad as these folk make out, why would anyone stay?" you start reading Bleep's, or Comforter, or You Know's post. At first you start to snicker, then chuckle, and finally, as you bust out laughing you realize that the smart ones have left or been kicked out, and the ignorant have figured out how to use a computer.

So to you who cling to the "TRUTH", I applaud you. By all means keep posting. You provide a great point of reference for those in the world who would otherwise not believe the depth of your ignorance which is often alluded to by other posters. Thank you for proving our point in writing.

Ciao,

Anton

• abbagail
    abbagail

Very interesting Anton... This quote by your cousin...

"Keeping us off the net isn't just to prevent us from reading things that might stumble us. There is as big of a fear of having somethe brothers start their own web sites, and having the rest of the world find out how narrow minded, uneducated, and just downright ignorant most of the truly zealous ones really are."

I'm wondering if that was merely a personal opinion/observation of your cousin (about the FEAR of the world finding out about the narrow minded, uneducated, downright ignorant JWs). Or was it gossipy "fears" he has heard in the congregation or from his friends? Or was it something he heard from one of the elders or MS? Or, last but not least, I'm sure nothing like that was ever PRINTED in WT literature, or was it??? ;)

I guess what I'm curious about is, where/how did he come up with that thought? It's a fascinating thought nonetheless!

Grits

• Crystal
    Crystal

Proverbs 15
    [14] The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

GRITS, my cousin got in a bit of trouble for showing his worldly friends some pro-JW websites to show them how twisted his religion is. Kids started talking, and word got back to CO's kid who passed on to his dad. My cousin decided to DA himself and move to San Jose before he got DF'd. The thoughts he expressed were entirely subjective based upon his experience. Still, I thought it was an interesting observation.

Ciao,

Anton

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Interesting thought. I never saw it like that, but it makes sense in a way. Real drones are pretty zealous and narrow-minded, if they would have websites proclaiming their beliefs, they could be responsible that worldly people would turn away from the Borg.

Just like the site from racist white guy, SYN posted awhile back. Reading that makes you want to laugh and makes you disgusted. If drones would write down their beliefs about sex, homosexuality, and the like, I can imagine some disgusted and sarcastic remarks on that.

Viv..

• SYN
    SYN

Well, if JWZone is anything to go by, if I was a person who hadn't been Assimilated before and I saw THAT, I would have run as fast as my legs could carry me. Couldn't agree more with you, Coolbreeze.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Remember that 'armagedon' flash video awhile back? That's the kind of stuff they don't want floating around the net ...

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Yesterday I showed some of my friends at work (who know nothing about the JW's) the following thread on jwzone.org . The response was great. Chuckles, giggles, and guffaws all around. Along with "Is this for real?", "This is a joke, right?"

http://www.jwzone.org/forums/showthread.php?s=d9492b67f5b487e2fc7650bb8110ebb4&threadid=5320&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Hey Bleep, You Know, Comforter, post some of your JW appologist stuff. My friends can't wait for another good laugh.

Anton

• Bleep
    Bleep

When Jesus Christ sent out his disciples, he instructed them: "As you go,preach,saying, 'The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.'" (Matt.10:7) And in his prophetic command to true Christians who would be living during the conclusion of the system of things, he said: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness."(Matt. 24:14) What did that mean?

It did not mean that they were to build churches, ring a bell, and wait for a congregation to assemble to hear them give a sermon once a week. The Greek verb here rendered "preach" (ke`ry'so) means, basically, "make proclamation as a herald." The idea is not delivering sermons to a closed group of disciples but, rather, making open, public declaration.

Jesus himself set the example as to how it was to be done. Would you like more examples of this?

This is why the brothers think the internet is not the best way.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Bleep,

Please be honest and inform the posters to this thread where you copy and pasted this information from ( as if we did not know! ).

I suspect that you know as much Greek as an Australian aborigine yet wish to give the appearance of intelligence, so you cut and paste your way to attempted credibility. I suppose that it should not surprise us to learn that you value appearance above honesty, as do your WTS masters. What is not important to the WTS is what is happening in hearts, what is important is the visible, how they appear to the world.

You have the excuse of youth and an undeveloped mind. What is their excuse?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit