with me and admitted that that was true. The man who
    did it denied the accusation and is still an
    elder...though he got a strong "taking too" by
    the CO.

you said:No one has to be a Witness, or have you
    overlooked that?

no I have not overlooked that. I do however know that
    when a new person is studying to become one that they
    are not told much about the past of the watchtower.
    They are told lots about the history of other
    faiths..(catholics are a big one) and how horrible
    they are. A new person is also not told many of the
    more "odd" beliefs that the watchtower
    teaches. It is only after they are "hooked"
    do they learn about the more unorthodox
    teachings...they still at that time not taught about
    some of the history of watchtower. My wife (raised a
    JW) who recently went back to the meeting (we had
    agreed that that would not happen before got married 7
    years ago....she had left the Org. before we met) has
    been studying for about 10 months. She STILL did not
    know (untill2 days ago when I told her)that the
    watchtower teaches Jesus had an invisible return in
    1914. As a matter of fact she laughed at me and said
    they NEVER teach that. Well I got out her Watchtower
    CD and let her read it herself. She gets sooo mad
    when I prove that I know more about what the
    Watchtower teaches than her....I have never been a
    witness.

So...I know from personal experience that much of what
    the programs said is true. You may say that that is
    only one cong. I would say that if 1,000 stories have
    the same basic things happening....there HAS to be
    some truth to it.

I told my mother in-law to not "wait on
    Jehovah" to sort out her problem with the elder
    that assaulted her because he may be waiting on her.
    There is an old story I told her. It is about a man
    who is waiting on his roof during a flood. 3
    different times a boat comes by and offers him a ride
    to safety....all 3 times he refuses and says that he
    has prayed for help and that God will save him. He
    dies in the flood and when he meets god he asks
    "why did you not save me?" and God replies
    "well I sent 3 boats to you". I told her that
    I would hate to in the end meet God and find out that
    all the time I was waiting for him...he was waiting
    for me.

Chris
    FRUSR8TD on http://www.jehovahs-witness.com

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Panorama prog., the producer admitted on Sky television that she hated JWs. Unbiased reporting?

Did you see this yourself or did you read it in some bullshit WT pamphlet???

Fools hate Knowledge

• scumrat
    scumrat

ewtie,

looks like you'll have to leave the org soon. pedophile paradise is becoming a pedophile hell.

FRY BABY FRY

• COMF
    COMF
    No one has to be a Witness, or have you overlooked that?

Quite true. You can buy your freedom with as many family members as you have.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Ewtie, who are you here trying to convince? Us? Or, yourself? We all know better, been there, done that, bought the tee shirt.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• ewtie
    ewtie

Interesting and I thank you for your varied comments.

Some of my main objections (my memory for names is terrible) are that we have no idea of what other questions were asked of the JW at the convention. In a telephone conversation to the legal dept. of JWs only one snippet of a converstion was quoted, why nor more of it?. You will all surely agree that in this manner one can present any point of view. The case of abuse somewhere in the USA. dates back to 1997, what about, presumably many, many other cases since then?. Was that the last case Panorama could find? When first interviewed the law officer was not even sure if those he had questioned were JWs, not the best of investigations! As regards the Sky quote, I was told this in good faith, but will certainly check on this. I have heard further details of this, but this is hearsay and I could not vouch for this.

For instance, I quote from Frus8ted "I told my mother in-law to "wait onJehovah"". Now he has actaully written those words, but how easy to omit others and completely change his viewpoint. Nothing personal Frus8ted.

I have an inherent sense of injustice, somewhat irrational I sometimes think and hate injustice in any shape or form. I would certainly not vilify people as some do on this site.

My biggest problem with the Panorama programme is that in having been a Witness for 45 years I have only heard of one pedophile in the organisation and he had repented.

The Panorama programme just does not add up to my many years experience in the Truth.

• ewtie
    ewtie

"have heard further details of this, but this is hearsay and I could not vouch for this."

This is in reference to the scottish case.

Apologies for the mistyping.

• Valis
    Valis
    The Panorama programme just does not add up to my many years experience in the Truth.

And you think maybe all our years of experience in "The Truth"TM, don't add up or amount to much either? Your sordid notion that its Just about one TV show speaks volumes to your miopic world view.

Sincerely,

Dostrict Overbeer

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

In a telephone conversation to the legal dept. of JWs only one snippet of a converstion was quoted, why nor more of it?.

Well really, was there time to list the entire conversation? That seems like a pretty defining moment in the conversation to me. I think Bill made the call to make a point, and sure enough, the WT representative made the point. It wasn't pretty, and I bet you hate it. That's your momma callin'.

Ewtie, you're not a good person, you don't give a shit, not really, about justice. You're a liar at this point in your life. You have no interest in truth or justice, you only want to confirm that you have the truth. Sorry pal, getting truth takes work, openmindedness, and a bit of humility. It also takes a certain desire, hunger if you will, for information. Notice I said information in a generic sense, no honest person get's all their information from one organization and thinks they got the "truth".

You can do better, but you'll have to humble yourself. Not an easy task for a person 45 years in the "truth (tm)". After 37 years, I know.

• berten
    berten

>My biggest problem with the Panorama programme is that in having been a Witness for 45 years
    >I have only heard of one pedophile in the organisation and he had repented.
    >The Panorama programme just does not add up to my many years experience in the Truth.

During my years as a JW I also did not hear anything about pedophiles but I saw
    alot of childbeating and thought this was normal because they could not sit still
    during the two hours of boring talks.
    I mean,children were dragged to a seperate room,(Jokingly called "The Torture Room"
    by many in our congregation)to get a serious beating and/or
    to be placed in a corner as punishment.
    The way they treat children and this whole pedophile covering up business is somehow
    connected,so I am not too surprised at what Panorama has dug up...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit