LETTERS OF OUTRAGE TO GOVERNING BODY

by orangefatcat 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Does anyone have the names and mailing addresses of the GB members?

I don't even know who is "president' anymore....or even if there is such a position anymore!!!

Had Enough

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

IF you want to get mail to the GB directly, send it to 124 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201 in the personl name of the GB member you wish to write to. If you really want to get him to open it, put a return address with a personal name so they will think it is fan mail. Also you might put a dollar inside, that way they will be sure and open it.

silentlambs

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey SilentLambs - thanks for the address AND the funny oh-so-true tip about enclosing a dollar!

I saw this below link in another post at this forum. This website says it was updated 5-11-02, created in 2000. Therefore, this should give everyone a good start for GB names. According to this list, there would be ELEVEN GB members at present. If anyone knows of any corrections to this info, please advise. Also, I merely included below the pertinent info, but if you want to see Pictures of These Guys and/or More of their Bios, please visit the link directly. And by all means, let's get this post BACK TO THE TOP!!! /GRITS

< http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/gb.htm>;

Carey W. Barber (1905-) ...he is called to the Brooklyn Bethel, to be a Governing Body member in the autumn of 1977. Source: w82 11/15 10-14 (French).

John E. Barr (1913-) In September 1977 is called to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and from then on lives in the headquarters of the organization, in Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.
    Source: w87 7/1 26-31 (French).

Milton G. Henschel (1920-) On December 30, 1992 was selected to be the successor of Frederick W. Franz (who had died a week before, when he was 99 years old) in the Presidency of the Watchtower. Henschel was president of the Watchtower until October 7, 2000, when there was a reorganization in the leadership and Don Adams (not a Governing Body member) became the new President of the Watchtower. Sources: w77 7/1 394; yb80 112; w89 6/15 22; w89 9/1 26; w93 3/15 31 (French). -- Grits wonders: What is Henschel's status now? Is he dead?

Samuel F. Herd (?-) On October 2, 1999, Samuel Herd was appointed to the Governing Body. He is the only Afro-American in the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Theodore Jaracz (1925-) On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body. Sources: w75 5/1 284; w77 2/1 95; w96 6/1 25; yb83 103-105 (French).

M. Stephen Lett (?-) On October 2, 1999 was appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Gerrit Lsch (1940-) On July 1, 1994 he was appointed to the Governing Body.
    Source: w94 11/1 29 (French).

Guy H. Pierce (?-) On October 2, 1999, Guy Pierce was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Albert D. Schroeder (1911-) On December 18, 1974 Schroeder was appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Sources: w83 3/1 10-17; w85 12/1 26 (French).

David H. Splane (?-) In 1998 he was appointed "helper" of the Writing Committee.
    On October 2, 1999 he was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w2000 1/1 29.

Daniel Sydlik (1919-) On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body. Source: w85 6/1 21-26 (French).

DECEASED (former) GB Members:

Karl F. Klein (1906-2001) On November 28, 1974, he was appointed to the Governing Body. Died January 3, 2001. Source: w85 5/1 20-27 (French).

Lyman A. Swingle (1910-2001) On October 1, 1945 Swingle was elected to the Directors Board of the Watchtower. Around 1984 he was appointed secretary-treasurer of the Watch Tower Society of Pennsylvania and Watch Tower Society of New York. Died March 14, 2001. Sources: w84 5/15 24; jv91; yb81 188 (French).

• Creep56
    Creep56

Send phony monopoly type money- don't waste your hard earned money on "preachers" like this.I once sent Bob Tilton a million play dollars and included a note that said " here's a big donation of phony money for a big phony preacher." He made me so mad- preying on sick,weak people. A lot like the GB.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I have a few ideas.

The Judicial Desk is the dept that would handle any complaints regarding a Judicial Decision anywhere within the Church. Also, what about sending letters to Depts that the rank and file handle? Shipping/Receiving, etc. We might find some listening ears, even at the Farm in Wallkill. They have a pretty good way of distributing this information, like Franz and all them guys. See how that stuff got passed around? Maybe this will too, and we can cause some disruption within their own walls. Our letters will be thrown away from the top, but who knows what'll happen towards the bottom when someone who already has questions in their mind gets an ear full. It's not the Governing Body whom we have to change the minds of, that's an impossible task.......it's the innocent, delirious and mislead sheep. The GB will only listen (if they can still hear) when they are forced to by their own people. Will this ever happen? Of course not, they'll never fall. We're not in this to take them down, that's just a dream. We're in this because if it takes our entire lifetime, and we save one child, or one family from the hurt and pain (and in some cases death), then we've done a good thing and it's all worth it. We all have to remember that we can't save them all, but we can and should die trying. I'm not one for being a follower (anymore), and I generally would not and do not actively participate in this sort of thing. But Bill is on an honorable path, and regardless of his motives (as they've been questioned as of late), I personally feel the need to do what I can. I believe this is the most organized effort ever in the history of this movement, and I personally vow to do my part in keeping it that way. I will be in Brooklyn next month, I will write letters to God and everyone, and I will do the absolute best I can possibly do. I do think, however, as organized as this seems to be we're going to lose it unless it becomes more organized. This movement is growing fast, and we have to all keep our eyes on the prize (where have I heard that before?) and work hard on not losing the momentum, and doing whatever we can to keep it together. I know this is been said a million times, but everyone should do what they can to be in Brooklyn next month. Try and get that zeal we had as Witlesses and know that God wants us there, and if you don't believe in God, then know that the Lambs need us there! Will it make a huge impact? Not alone, no, they all have curtains and shades and back doors, but with the media attention and added in with all our other efforts we can make a difference. Saving one child from pain is worth every one of us making a sacrifice. I live rather close to Bethel, and I will do what I can to help anyone get there. if anyone needs a ride, or needs to send a Lamb, or needs anything at all, please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Just a Thought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit