"Shepherd the Flock" book.

by Bosho 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frogit
    frogit

Talk about secrets, when I was the Account Servant its was even secret/confidential for the to allow me to even see letters address to the Elders even when they had instructions dealing with running the congregation accounts. I had to go over and see another brother in a local congregation just to make sure I was doing things right! This elder was so thick he tried his best to explain how I should do the accounts, but he used to get it so wrong.

I also looked after the subscriptions and I kept the letters of instruction on how to deal with subs, but once, I showed the on how to deal with subs correctly, what did he do? Tried to confiscate them from me, I used to pull my hair out at all of this stupid stuff, no wonder I feel as I do now.

I can understand why the WT is in this big mess the Elder can not handle things right, I feel its all down to pride, and power!!!

Frogit

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Blondie,

You are quite right about not seeing such specific details about "circumstancial evidence" as grounds for disfellowshipping someone. (I searched the Watchtower's CD-ROM)

However, the Watchtower said this regarding adultery:

Jesus did not say one can divorce his mate if he strongly suspects that adultery was committed. There has to be real evidence of adultery, such as the mates confession, or proof that the mate stayed all night with a person of the opposite sex under improper circumstances.Prov. 5:8-11. Watchtower 4/15 1968 Page 255

You are also right about "night" and "staying overnight" as not being necessary for sex. On the otherhand, "staying overnight" at someone's house doesn't mean that anyone had sex either, or even slept in the same room. Since disfellowshipping is the closest the Watchtower Society can get to stoning someone, it is interesting that they ignore their own teachings.

No one could be put to death on circumstantial evidence. There had to be two eyewitnesses to establish the truth. (Deut. 17:6; 19:15) Watchtower 6/15 1970 Page 379

Thirdson

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Thirdson, for that reference. I'll add it to my file. Yes, I agree that the 2 witnesses rule is side-stepped in the overnight rule.

I have heard of elders staking out a sister's house and actually filming her through the window with her friend. I think that violated a few of Caesar's laws, but of course, God's laws are higher than man's laws.

I think the Flock book should be retitled, "The Pharisee's Whoops Elder's Guide to the Latter-Day Talmud."

• SYN
    SYN

The Elders put me under some pretty stringent surveillance, so this is no joke, lurkers. So, beware during fornication! Take a taxi and close the bloody curtains!

• blondie
    blondie

And be sure to wear a disguise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit