Ecce Homo -- John 19:5

by rabotnik 41 Replies latest social relationships

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    There is nothing natural about queers.

NOTHING.

Its all in the head. Illness. And it is not natural

Logical, you are treading on VERY shaky ground here, my boy. Many of my very dear friends are gay, as is my nephew.

Because I care deeply for these people, I have taken the time to research the roots of homosexuality. From what I have found, sexual preference is genetic. I KNOW for a fact that my nephew never CHOSE to be gay. In fact, at this point in time, he is celibate, but he is still gay.

Homosexuality actually has very little to do with sex....it revolves around emotional connections and committed relationships. Equating homosexuality with pedophilia or bestiality is totally moronic, prejudiced, and cruel.

Jim Moon has a very good site where he has posted much of his research about the Biblical stance on homosexuality, and his points are very well done, and sensible. During Biblical times, there were many same-sex prostitutes working in various false religious temples. THESE were most likely the ones who were being condemned in the Bible for unnatural acts....NOT those who were born with a NATURAL attraction toward someone of the same sex. I'm pretty sure that the address is gayxjw.org. I would suggest that you do some research, Logical, before you start spouting off your totally ILlogical and offensive statements.

Robotnik, I'm sorry that I didn't respond to you sooner, but I mistakenly thought that I had nothing of value to add to this thread.
    I applaud your courage, and I want you to know that there are many of us who understand (although not totally) and who empathize.

I can still remember a conversation I had not too long ago with one of my best friends (who I met on another discussion board). She is gay, and lives in an area that is not particularly gay friendly. We were discussing this issue, and the mistaken belief that some (such as Logical) have that being gay is a "decision" that could be reversed.

We mused about who would "choose" a lifestyle that would result in scorn, abuse, discrimination, and in many cases, death. No sane person would make such a choice. In fact, she began to sob, and told me that she fervently wished she had the ability to "unchoose" who she is. Life would certainly be much simpler for her if she could.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Rabotnik, I should have thought of this sooner....better late than never, I guess. There are quite a few Common Bond groups that have been set up across the country for gay ex-JWs.

I notice your e-mail is locked. Please e-mail me, and I can put in in touch with some friends who can give you more information about this. Or, I think you could find some links by searching on either Common Bond, or gay XJW.

• larc
    larc

RHW,

Although I have not done extensive research, my observations agree with yours. I know one gay man and one lesbain. I have had many long conversations with both of them and have a pretty detailed understanding of their lives. Neither made a choice; it was the way they were from the beginning. Both are well accepted within the heterosexual world where they live.

• rabotnik
    rabotnik

To RedHorseWoman and larc,

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes, RedHorseWoman, I've been checking out the sites you mention.

The best,
    rabotnik

Subi dura a rudibus

• claudia
    claudia

Logical, everyone here has shown you more kindness than the active jws you know in real life,more kindness than you deserve. the jws that you hold in such high regard could care less about you. Doesnt that tell you ANYTHING? you yourself admitted this in the chatroom. Yet you treat everyone here like crap. No wonder you are alone and miserable. Sorry everyone, I have had enough of his mean spiritedness.

• larc
    larc

Claudia,

One thing you missed. He studied to be a Witness, but we talked him out of it. However, he now has become a follower of MDS. He went from the frying pan into the fire. Yes, he is very mean spirited. He disfellowshipped me recently because of my posts on the subject of free will.

I go to the chat room now and then to read, but I can't get in because I am on Webtv and it doesn't connect. I noticed the other day that the good Christian man we know as logical used the F word when talking to a woman. He doesn't seem to able to practice what he preaches.

• larc
    larc

One other thing,

I don't know, Claudia, if you were here when logical was in pain and suffering and people did their best to bring him out of it. These are the very ones he attacked later. He is like a crippled, wild animal that bits those who offer help.

• larc
    larc

Excuse me,

The word in my last sentence should have been "bites" not "bits".

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Thank you RHW,
    For posting that well thought out and researched post. I have nothing but pity for my ex husband whom I know is a very frustrated and trapped human being denying himself the one thing that might bring him peace.
    You and Larc and Mommy are right, we can't fully understand but we can have compassion.
    TW

• claudia
    claudia

Larc, you mean he reported you and had you df'd?!!!!! Maybe he doesnt study anymore, but he has a lack of respect for us compaired to them. I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit