Christians not knowing the Bible

by Viviane 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

Sorry

I don’t visit pirate hooker Island very much. I hope she puts some sand in your vagina so the crabs aren’t so lonely.

(Just kiddening, Will Ferrell, Anchorman reference )

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

well played Clambake lol.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

This. Was. Fantastic.

I suppose the question is wether you believe the bible to be "authentic". In other words, do you believe the 66 books that make up the typical cannon are "inspired of God.." and all that. If so and you believe the instances in the bible many here have issue with to be true, than at the very least God has some explaining to do right?

If not, then its an account of an ancient people not meant to be taken as...errr....gospel.

Also.........................boobs.

That is all.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

You can believe in the inspiration of the Bible without believing it is all literal.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You can believe in the inspiration of the Bible without believing it is all literal.

Jesus believed it was. Are you saying Jesus was wrong? If it isn't literal, then there literally is no point to any of it.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

The more I think about Christians making the bible a huge allegorical story the more I like it.

think about it. That's kinda what happened with the past pantheons right? I could see this leading Christians from theism to pantheism, and that would be awesome.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Jesus believed it was. Are you saying Jesus was wrong?

That's an interesting comment and question.

Presuming the biblical Jesus is authentic, certainly he is portrayed as believing in something. But I'm not so sure there is sufficient biblical evidence to support a notion that this Jesus believed in the inspiration of what contemporaries consider as the Bible, let alone that he believed everything in the Bible should be understood as literal.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Jesus believed it was. Are you saying Jesus was wrong?

Dear Lady, where did you get the idea that to refer to a Biblical story is to believe it literal? Interestingly, when referring to the Flood of Noah's day and men marrying and women given in marriage Jesus said nothing about angels come down to have sex with women.

He did not subscribe to that erroneous teaching.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

With reference to the OP's title, "Christians not knowing the Bible" I should bring up that not all Christians are alike. You have liberal Christians, moderate Christians and conservative Christians.

It is conservative Christians that tend to be more knowledgeable about the Bible while liberals are not. I'm sure that the person who was at the bar with Viviane was a liberal.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    HMTM why does the the book of Jude quote the book of enoch? Wouldn't thay be considered eroneous?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit