Christians not knowing the Bible

by Viviane 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

Last night a young man in a bar struck up a conversation with me. Our town is having our Pride Parade soon and he brought it up, the Bible and how it's against the Bible. Me being me, I said that I couldn't care less that it was against the Bible and that it was a horrible guide for morality anyway.

As usual, he tried to pretend the OT didn't matter. When I pointed out that Jesus said the Law would not pass away and was a good thing and an observant Jew, he said that 1)Jesus (and I quote here) "weren't no Jew" and that 2) Jesus never said that. When I pulled up an online Bible on my phone and showed him, he then said there was no way to know what Law Jesus was talking about, it could mean anything. He insisted there was no such thing as the Law because Jesus would never say the old testament was good.

Wow. Just... wow. That was some weapons grade derp.

• cofty
    cofty

Wow!

Most christians are very ignorant of their own book but he has taken it to a new level.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Also, I bet he regrets having tried to get my number.
  • steve2
    steve2
    The staggering ignorance of Christians, of whom I include assorted nutters such as JWs, Mormons, etc, is one of the world's last remaining mysteries. Any illusion I had that "born-again" or "Bible-belieiving Christians are different (i.e., informed, articulate, knowledgeable) has been shattered so frequently and intensely that I see a clear linear correlation between depth of ignorance and degree of spirituality. Sometimes, the best "remedy" for the ignorance of faith is to shut down discussion. The Watchtower has got that "remedy" right, and, dismally, they are in commonly good company.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Smdh....
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Reading and understanding the bible leads to atheism silly. Why would he want to do that???
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I tend to find that Christians...and I was the same myself once (holds hands up to it)......interpret the bits they want how they want.

I now see the Bible as......well....er....the new word I learned tonight....derp.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    “Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”

― Isaac Asimov
  • freemindfade
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Wow. Lol.

Thats really the norm too, even for dubs. They all think they know it so well but then you point out something completely contrary to their doctrine, ideas, or some other part of the book and instead of just accepting it they dance around it like crazy people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit