Christians not knowing the Bible

by Viviane 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

Jesus said he never came to abolish the law but came to fulfill it. Membership in the new covenant is a spiritual and personal thing. This is a concept that is alien to both the JW and ex-JW.

Reading the bible looking for technicalities to try and disprove it is the same mentality of reading the bible and finding reasons to let your children die from not giving them blood transfusions.

You people really need to learn how to chill out. You are not JWs anymore, not need to crack any more codes.

• cofty
    cofty

Hypocrite. If it wasn't for the bible you wouldn't know the first thing about the dead carpenter.

Unless you are hearing voices of course.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I like all the technicalities of how the flood never happened, that's one of my faves.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    It is true, many Christians do not know their Bible.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Reading the bible looking for technicalities to try and disprove it is the same mentality of reading the bible and finding reasons to let your children die from not giving them blood transfusions.

Except that one requires ignoring the book and picking and choosing what is literal and not, as well as the self deception to dance around obvious things like vivs example - and the other involves none of that and taking the book at its word.

Except for that I'd agree.

• Clambake
    Clambake

You guys should all get together and write a book . Maybe call it, hum, " What does the bible really teach "

You could inform all the people in false religion of the errors of their ways.

One trick ponies.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

We could make a lot of money starting our own cult, what do you say Cofty and Viviane? The church of Cathartocism? Or church-of-derp?

Lots of people looking to throw away their money for any interpretation of the Holy Book

I believe they are sometimes called chumps

• Clambake
    Clambake

You quoted the bible out of context and mock anyone who disagrees with you.

I am thinking Viviane is an undercover elder.

• Viviane
    Viviane

You spelled "an idiot" wrong.

And, I didn't take anything of context.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Clambake5 minutes ago

I challenge this.

please show us how she quoted it out of context.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit