• Mackin
    Mackin

Welcome Lapuce,

You're among friends here.

Mackin.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome Lapuce.

A similer story to mine. I'm married to a JW and have three children. My wife still believes, but I stopped believing about 12 years ago, when I was 29. I too went through a period of depression but it's cause was clear - I realised it wasn't the truth and I'd been living a lie. As soon as I left I started to feel better.

Take it easy with your wife, I scared mine so much too early she refuses to talk to me on any spiritual issue. In effect, while I have not DA'd or been DF'ed she has unilaterally DF'ed me herself.

I wish you all the best.

Dean.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Lapuce and welcome aboard! We're sure glad you came.

You certainly have a lot to confront and in your words, this is a first "step".

Just take things slow, read plenty, and make your own decision over each and every belief you formerly had, or thought you had.

But, above all, Enjoy the ride!

Cheers mate, Ozziepost

Edited by - ozziepost on 25 July 2002 4:13:59

• Robdar
    Robdar

Lapuce,

Welcome to the board. I wish you all the best.

Robyn

• Xandria
    Xandria

Welcome to the board, Lapuce. There are many of us here...some still struggling with what we were taught in the WTS. and the scars that remain.

Happy Posting

Xandria

• Tish
    Tish

Welcome,

I am also new and have been overwhelmed with how friendly everyone is. Please remember that most Jay Dubbs are depressed but just don't know why. This site has really cheered me up no end because we are not alone.

I would love to email you but can't so if you want a chat please email me, I'm in the UK and know no witnesses in Canada (except you ExPat) so can't get you into trouble.

I am 32 and have 2 children aged 5 and 8 and know what it is like trying to be a good little sister, but if you are not pioneering then you are nothing to the rest of the cong!

Anyway

Take care

Tish

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi & Welcome Lapuce

• TheStar
    TheStar

Welcome Lapuce! Hang in there!

• metatron
    metatron

Get involved in something creative with other people.
    Art, music, writing, etc.

You have to learn to rebuild your life, step by step.
    You need to develop new friends and new hobbies.

It can be hard - but it will only be harder if you delay.
    (I have to take my own advice here!)

Good Luck

metatron

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Thank you so much for the very warm welcome every one here gave me, I'm already starting feeling at home right here, I get a much better welcome here then at the Kingdom hall thats for sure.

All the info on how to deal with my situation is greatly appreciated, I am happy that so many of you actually took the time to write me, I know one thing I will be coming here as often as I can. Like I said in my first post I will write more about me in a future post, as I'm know at work and do not have much time to write, and its out of the question I log on here while my wife is around, but since I havn't gone door to door in about three months I will have the time when my wife is out preaching.

I will try and get Crisis of Conscience this weekend if possible, if not I will order it. I see so many of you have similar stories to me it makes me feel better that I'm really not alone.

I will try to answer as many questions in the little time I have left:

Francois: I tried to talk to my wife, she is very defensive, She doesn't touch any other lit than Wt publications, Se only reads sometimes readers digest and a few mags, thats it.

Musky and Six of Nine: similar stories like me thanks for the advice... I need it...

All the others, I havn't forgotten you all, just that time is running out but I will get to know you better in the days to come, and I will E-mail many of you soon, I will try to set up a seperate hotmail so to be able as my wife will probally monitor my e-mails(for the elders of course).

Well see ya...

Lapuce

P.S. yes I am french, actually Belgium origin but living in Quebec.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit