Hello I'm new here...

by Lapuce 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Hello!!!

I really love this web site and yes I'm a JW still, have been for 8 years now, I'm 35 and am married to a JW and have two boys one is 1-1/2 and the other 5. For about 2 to 3 years now I'm starting to see that its not really the Truth. The brothers, sisters and elders dont really care about anyone, the Watchtower is ruining my life, I have been depressed for awhile now and I'm on anti depressants as I started feeling suicidal as I'll never be good enough as I hate meetings, I hate going door to door, and it doesn't make any sense that Jehovah will destroy good people just because they don't follow its doctrins. Its like saving to your son if you don't do what I tell you I will kill you. I feel frustrated and I finally think that I found the place that will answer my questions. My wife still belives its the truth, I don't, What really stops me from being D/A, or D/F is I will loose all my friends, I don't have many friends and I was so brainwashed in the past years, its hard being normal and thinking for yourself.

I will tell you my story later, but just posting here did do one thing for me, it made me feel good, I guess its a very important first step.

Lapuce

• musky
    musky

Welcome lapuce. musky

• rekless
    rekless

Welcome,

I was in for 35 years. Served as elder and so forth. Many of the congregation in Clearlake, Ca. are on proax and other anti-depressants.

You'll get a lot of info here and there are many that are long winded but mean well.

This place really helped me.

dan walker

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Welcome to the board, I wish you well with your journey to finding the truth about the truth...good luck!

Nice to see you posting and I look forward to reading your story.

Beck

• musky
    musky

Lapruce, We have somewhat similiar stories. I am 36 years old. Was raised as a witness. I am married. 1 boy, 4 and one girl,6. I started doubting when i was about 22. I was diagnosed with major depression awhile ago. It seems to have gotten much better now. My wife also still believes its the truth. Neither one of us goes to meetings now. We just don't do anything. I am not satisfied with that. Maybe someday our circumstances will change. I don't blame the depression on the witnesses. It was a combination of things , including inherited characteristics. Being a witness didn't help though. Look forward to your posting musky

• Francois
    Francois

Lapuce, ya gotta start with something, somewhere. If you do nothing, you'll still be in the Borg thirty years from now with ulcers, heart problems, maybe with a drinking problem, and be even more stuck if your kids stay in, along with your wife. And now you run the risk of losing contact with not only your children but your grandchildren as well.

I know you don't want that.

Can you talk to your wife? Can you say what you think to her without her becoming defensive? Will she read other stuff besides the JW pablum for the mind?

Suggest you get a copy of Ray Franz book, "Crisis of Conscience." Just that one book. You don't want to put your wife on the defensive, believe me. One book is enough if it's the right book, and I think the others here will agree that Ray's book is the one. BTW, several of us here know Ray personally. I'm one of them. Ray is a nice guy. No horns. No long tail. No red skin. Just a really nice guy. And his book is an unemotional, straightforward look inside the cesspool of the mind of the governing body. You will know the truth about the truth and it will piss you off. And it will truly set you free.

So if you can tell us about your wife and how stuck she really is. Also what kind of background did she come from? What is the emotional reason that the JWs appeal to her? Once you know the emotional basis of the attraction you can begin to work on her.

Another book that isn't JW specific is Eric Hoffer's "The True Believer." This will give you a nuts and bolts understanding of what makes people join these kinds of cults and mass movements of various kinds, what holds them together, a little about how people get out. Stuff like that. These two books will start the process of helping you to get out. And I can't stress enough the importance of getting your wife and children out of there as fast as possible while you still can.

Standing by,
    francois

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Welcome!

It's a good that you have been lurking for a while, you'll see there's a diverse group here!

I hope you continue to share your thoughts with us.

((hugs))

YoursChelbie

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Lapuce, welcome aboard. I am looking forward to reading your story.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• Celia
    Celia

Welcome Lapuce,

What a charming name... Are you French ?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

just posting here did do one thing for me, it made me feel good, I guess its a very important first step

you said it all right there

it's nice to see you. i'm glad you took that first courageous step.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit