Tsongas Center Lowell MA, Sunday Session of the Regional Convention 2015

by oppostate 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

An entertainiing and informative OP, Oppostate. Many thanks!

In my more distracted and vexed days of youth, "promenading to the bathrooms" had quite a different connotation. Care to elaborate?

• oppostate
    oppostate
    how did you get lost going there? It's right off the boulevard.

I didn't say it was by accident

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    If you do hear the Baptism figure, would you please post it? I would like to add it to my list.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    My wife says that the baptism number was 16 for this Regional Convention with 3582 in attendance
  • Gayle
    Gayle

wifi, appreciate your list,,can you use it as a singular thread here on this site too

for RC 2015 baptism reports?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/285720001/2015-regional-conventions-baptisms shows RC Salem, OR to add.

Thanks wifibandit.

• user100
    user100
    anyone attending the convention this weekend? 6/19 - 6/21? i'll be there.. say hi.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

If you still attend, have you noticed more and more people breaking up the Regional Convention event by going each of the days to a different weekend session?

It does help to get through the ordeal. Because for some, attending three straight days is a grueling task.

Those who are near enough to the Convention site seem to prefer spreading out the Convention program over different weekends--especially so if they are elderly or suffer some health problems.

From my own observations, I see this practice becoming more and more common.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Yes, I've heard of more than usual breaking up the 3 days and going to different conventions. I've never heard that before this year.
  • zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

I can see singles going on different days, in order to meet other singles. Also many more people are working part time jobs now. They may only be able to get off only one weekend day at a time each week- not 2 in a row.

I have a sick feeling just thinking about the 5 day summer assemblies from the days of yore- back when they still had a full meal service for the brothers.- Those outdoor assemblies in 95+ degree degree ballparks were good for you. Sitting and standing in line with 30,000 sweaty JWs built up appreciation for the new system of things.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

There were 7 baptized and the peak attendance was approximately 3,300 this past weekend at the Tsongas Center in Lowell, MA.

June 19-21, 2015

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit