Knorr and the Masonic Temple

by Kent 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Java,

It could be worse, did you hear about the insomniac agnostic dyslexic?

He lay awake all night wondering if there was a dog after all.

Englishman.

• JAVA
    JAVA

ianao,

Really, I didn't take offence at all, and laugh at my spelling and sentence structure when reviewing drafts. I'm not as careful on cyber space as with hard copy, and many times it shows. I started taking college courses after leaving the Tower, and was diagnosed with dyslexia. They helped me to work around this, but when I'm not careful or rush, some crazy stuff comes out.

Englishman,

Good one--I'll use that in the next student news letter when I need a line or two to fill a page.

--JAVA, counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Focus
    Focus

Kent wrote:

VENEZUELA

Where is the Venezuela quote from, Kent (or anyone)?

Thanks.

--
    Focus
    (Quotes Class)

• Deacon
    Deacon

Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp who bought a warehouse?

LOL

• ianao
    ianao

Deacon, Englishman:

ROTFLMAO

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Regarding Masonic Halls, the Para Hills, Sth Australia, congregation used to meet in a Masonic Hall until they built their own in the early 70's.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• RR
    RR

It's no big deal, in the early days [Russell period] the Bible Students did not have their own buildings, in fact Russell was against congregatoions owing their own buildings, as he was not into organized religion, the Bible Students met in Masonic Temples or the YMCA, renting out the facilities for not only meetings but also conventions, this was carried through by the Jehovah's WItnesses until they began building their own halls.

However, Bible Students today, still meet in masonic temples and YMCAs, since it is convienient and affordable.

Although I stil remember about ten twenty years ago, congregatioons meeting in rented halls, I remember onw congregations in harlem that actually met in a room aboive the Pathmark supermarket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit