Do Jws help disfellowshipped ones or apostates?

by haujobbz 34 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I found that EVERYTHING about the entire elders/ confessional/ assistance program worked to my shame and disgrace.All results were the opposite of what I desired and hoped for.

I go to confess, they ask me a whole load of questions that I didnt expect and was too ashamed to answer. So I walk out feeling as though, now, as well as sinning, Ive lied to the elders thru ommission, if not outright lying.

I expect to be studied with, and assisted... what happens? No study. And my friends are avoiding me. The elders, once every now and then , always when you least expect it and arent prepared,suddenly walk up to you and say "are you still holding out okay"? But its obvious they only want to hear what they want to hear, so you say "yeah, sure".

The whole thing is a bloody disgrace.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Gosh maybe I'll drop this off at all the threads. It seems to fit where ever I go.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

NO, except if it's their own family members

• nixi
    nixi

Another example from my former congregation:

The neighbor of a JW-couple got df'ed. She is a single mom of 3 or 4 little children (don't remember). The couple decided to continue helping her with the children. An elder, who is living in the same village, saw the couple together with their neighbor and reported it to the congregation... Soon afterwards they got df'ed as well.

They protested against this decision, but since they didn't regret helping her, they didn't get reinstated.

So there are 2 more apostates in Germany now

Nixi

• mommy1
    mommy1

It depends on how hardcore they are, and if they have had a talk or study article about disfellowshipped recently then they probably will not help. Apostates I would say unless you are dying in the street and they are the only one around, they might help you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit