Do Jws help disfellowshipped ones or apostates?

by haujobbz 34 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Do you think that, if say you fell over and and seriously injured yourself in the street, would a Jw you knew passing by help you knowing that you were disfellowshipped or so called apostate. Maybe even come to see you at home if you were unwell or depressed,i mean how many witnesses have assisted or helped you when you needed it mostly,you see i thought they were supposed to encourage you to become so called spiritually stronger.But saying that when you were active as a jw do you think you were helped in times of distress or illness by your fellow jw,for instance i know a woman who's still a witness but hasnt been to meetings for say a year and thats because she has severe athritis and guess what only 1 J-dub has wrote to her so to her it seems like if your not a regular at meeting you may as well be classed as disfellowshipped.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

To be blunt, no one has ever come and asked me if I needed help - even at my darkest depression hours. I was told as a Witness that the world is where cruelty lies, but they were wrong.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

haujobbz-The sad part is they think they are helping...by depriving you of your friends and family you will see that only Jehovah brings happiness, or rather that you're whole support network is gone so you better cave...ahh such a loving provision.

No, I know for a fact a JW would never help me. Last night the phone rang and when I answered the person was someone from my old congregation looking to talk to my parents (just as a refresher to everyone, I never got df or da) she asked who she was speaking to, and when I told her, she got all nervous and anxious sounding and quickly said "oh umm, I was just calling to talk to you parents, but I will try later" click...no "good-bye", no "how are you", not even a "we miss seeing you". In fact, it rattled her so much to hear my voice she never did tell me who she was (tho I recognized her voice). Very loving I thought.

Edited by - joannadandy on 23 July 2002 15:45:48

• Mary
    Mary

You will occasionally get Witnesses who will still try and help out "inactive" ones, but they are in the minority. On the whole, if you're not regular at the meetings, they don't give a rat's ass if you fall over dead in the street. And they almost certainly would not come to your help if you were viewed as an "apostate."

Forget the example of the Good Samaritan, Witnesses don't want to hear about it. Jews and Samaritans hated each other with a passion. The Jews' own people pass him by and won't lift a finger to help (no doubt, he was probably viewed as an apostate, too). But this man's so-called "enemy", put himself out, cleaned his wounds, paid for him to stay and the Inn, paid for the innkeeper to do anything necessary for him.

In my opinion, THIS is what Jesus wants his followers to do, not go banging on the same damn doors, century after century, telling everyone how they're going to die any day now!!!

Witnesses are identical to the Pharisees of Jesus' day. They are arrogant, full of themselves, worried about the most "miniscule part of their laws" while "ignoring the weightier matters of the law", they are hypocritical, deceitful, and care only for their position and outward appearances. They certainly don't like it when someone comes along and exposes them for what they truly are and they'll do anything to get rid of that person, even if they have to sneak about at night.........

So in a nutshell, I would say: NO, Witnesses will not help apostates. They're too busy patting themselves on the back for hiding another pedophile................

• Mum
    Mum

Many JW's do not believe in helping their own, much less "apostates" et al. When I was a JW, I babysat for a JW friend (i.e., I kept her baby daughter) so she could take her preschool-age son to the dentist. My elder husband was angry and told me that I should not have babysat for her unless it was so that she could go out in service.

Another thing that I noticed after years and years of being a JW was that "persecution" came from my "loving brothers and sisters" much more frequently that it came from my "worldly" neighbors and family members. Acceptance and understanding of others are not tolerated among JW's.

• bay64me
    bay64me

A 'sister' that I used to pioneer with, often spoke about the "internal" ministry, which was something we should never forget. She would say that this was, as, if not, more important than knocking on the doors of empty houses! I must say though, that I never recall her actually engaging in this mysterious "internal" ministry, but then I suppose she wouldn't be able to count her time!

• roybatty
    roybatty

I believe that I've related this story before but it's one that illustrates the "conditional" love JWs have for people. A couple years ago I broke my leg and had a cast from the tip of my toe to my hip. This happened about 8 months after my Da'ing was anounced. It just so happens that one day I was at the store doing some shopping. Here I am trying to carry several bags of food while at the same time manage my crutches. Along come a Witness couple that I had known for years. As a matter of fact, he was probably my best friend while I was a JW. They saw me struggling, dropping items here and there. What did they do? They simply looked the other way and kept walking. They did exactly what the Society wants them to do. Even through my thick skin it hurt a little. BUT I suddenly heard someone behind me. "Mike, why didn't you let someone know that you needed help!" It was a person whom I had recently met at the local YMCA. She helped me out and at the time culdn't even recall her last name. So I went from being hurt to being elated within a moment. The mental chains that JWs live with is pitiful.

Edited by - roybatty on 23 July 2002 16:42:15

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

A person not performing up to expectations on his job would be fired and management would shed no tears or try to help that individual. The WTS is a publishing company that sells their material and tries to recruit new sales people so they can sell more books and magazines. Religion seems to be their favorite subject, but it is not the goal of the organization and those who do not perform up to their standards are "fired."

• Imbue
    Imbue

If Jaws help DF'd or apostate ones they must do it in secret. Any contact would be considered contamination. So, the opportunity is not always presented.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Not only will they not help or assist a person df'd or da'd, they get some self satisfication out of not doing so. It makes them feel superior in doing this. When all the while it is a detestable thing to not offer assistance when it is needed and we notice the need. It is a violation of all christian teaching and the natural human reaction to some one in need.

What bothers me the most is that at one time when trapped in the borg I am afraid that I thought the same way as the people I am condemning

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit