US Navy Photo

by frogit 12 Replies latest jw friends

• frogit
    frogit

as anybody notied the Photo on the new Worship Book cover?

Guess the source?

US Navy, why use US Navy photos, dont WT have any non miltary sourced pictures they could have used.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

First the United Nations thing, now the US Navy???

Things aren't what they used to be!

Cheers, Ozzie

• SYN
    SYN

It's OK to use them, because they own the factory that made the boats in that photo apparently So they are basically just taking pictures of some of the more clandestine things which have been manufactured at Bethel.

• Xander
    Xander

It's only a little hypocritical, and only if you think about it 'too much'.

But, yeah, the society has ALWAYS used photos from the US Navy/Air Force/Army/etc. Too bad they don't index it, but if you paid attention to the back of the mags as they came out (when they attributed photos used in the mag), youd've noticed this MANY times.

And, they'll be the first to call on the police if they've been robbed. And, you'd better believe they'd be happy to see the US Marines if US members were overseas and came under attack.

I believe they explain this away as being wise with their 'unrighteous riches'. You know, the perks they get for being inseperably linked with the world even though they are 'no part of the world'.

Which is why the bulk of JWs don't really have a problem with the 'library card' excuse. It's just the society being wise with their 'unrighteous riches'.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"Worship Book"-----------"US Navy"

seems about right, the navy is going to make them a nice stack of money..........

• avengers
    avengers

I wanna see it please????????? Scan it and post it, please????????? Otherwise I have to go out and buy the book. Bethel is just around the corner, but somehow and God knows the reason they don't appreciate me very much.

Andy

edited for typo

Edited by - avengers on 22 July 2002 14:16:26

• frogit
    frogit

US Navy cover pic

Page 180 Children UNITED NATIONS/J.FRANK (By use of Libary Card)

• Xander
    Xander

Frog: can't link to pictures on your hard drive.

Email them to me and I'll put them up on my site and link it here.

• Xander
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

It shows how god damned cheap they are.

They most certainly could have found a suitable stock photograph thru a civilian, for-profit stock photo agency (and for their uses, not that much money), but this, from the navy, was probably free or almost free. And that, my friends, over-rode any consideration about how it might "look".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit