Who or What is the Holy Spirit?

by FusionTheism 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Behold!

The holiest of spirit!

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Meh, crazyguy. Egyptian beliefs are ripoffs of Assyrian beliefs or Syriac (Aramaic) beliefs which is where Abraham came from. So no, Abrahamic religion isn't a ripoff of Egypt. Quite the opposite.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Actually I disagree Lieu, I used to think the same and yes many of older writings in the Bible are a rip off from Sumeria. But if you read the book of the dead and other writings from Egypt you'll see that the ideas of Christianity came from Egypt and this concept of dieing your soul going to heaven after your heart is judged is Egyptian, also living in a paradise called the field of reads is also originally Egyptian. The Sumerians believed in an after life but did not seem to go into the same detail as the Egyptian. I also now believe that the Egyptian culture is older then the Sumerian, this is exactly the opposite of what people have said in the past. I think theirs some rascim in that thought. More modern archeology is also showing that Egypt came before Sumeria and thiers evidence that thier was even older cultures farther south in Africa. This also makes sense if you believe man first came about in Africa like the experts say.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Holy spirit is mumbo jumbo. The evidence for this is negative evidence; there is no evidence for any action purported to be accomplished by holy spirit which can unequivocally be connected to an outcome.

Believers however are constitutionally gullible.

@Crazyguy, I'm thinking along these lines, i.e. the major mythical input is from Egypt. Not only in the source myths which underlie OT beliefs and the "conquering hero saviour" which is both OT and also the central theme of the Greek NT texts... but also the post pharaonic influence on early Christianity when Egypt was under Greek rule centered at Alexandria.

My source for believing that Egyptian myth may have Ethiopian origins comes from the pen of John G Jackson who wrote Christianity before Christ. AAP 1985

@

• Revealed
    Revealed

The holy spirt was in ... JOB'S NOSE!

Job 27:3- All the while my breath is in me, and the Spirit of God is in my nostrils...

Why is it never translated there as "Ghost'?
  • Revealed
    Revealed

Most overlook what the words "spirit" and "spiritual" mean!

A disgusting example, JWs are told that they are given "Spiritual Food" from the GB!

Anyone know what "spiritual" means in the Biblical sense?

(You don't need to whip out Bible Dictionaries)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit