Who or What is the Holy Spirit?

by FusionTheism 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane

Actually, you've done the opposite of explain what it is. You've made any definition possible.

Just tell me what the spirit is made of and you've have made more progress in one sentence than anyone else. What is is, how can I detect it, what is it made of?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi fusion, hope you're okay.

Once upon a time I would read the sciptures avidly. Now, I believe no one has the truth and there is no god. The bible is interpreted in millions of different ways and is therefore, proof that if there was a god he is useless at giving an understandable message.

I was once a christian....now, I don't care.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Freemindfade

Better question, who would win in a boxing match, Zeus or YHWH... discuss

Zeus because he actually exists whereas Yahoo is a term made up by Jonathan Swift and used in Gullible's Travels.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

_Morpheus... well played, lightening... proof of Zeus' godship... with this I cannot argue lol

You win this time...

Or wait... were you talking about Thor the god of thunder??

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Yahweh_vs._Zeus:_Who_Would_Win%3F

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Can anyone imagine what FT might be able to accomplish if they put their mind, a mind clearly with a love of study and reading, toward something that actually mattered?

This is yet another way religion has harmed our species. Think of it, give FT the proper education and the means to find the answer and have him work on an Aids vaccine - does anyone doubt he could possibly do it?

But no, let's entrap these sorts of minds with studying the bible instead. How many potentially world changing minds have been lost this way?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I looked up Holy Spirit..AND..

............A Picture Of This Bird Kept..................Then I Thought About All The Atheists..

.........................Popping Up.................................That Would Show Up On This Thread..

Image result for holy spirit........Image result for Duck hunting

......................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thor is refered to affectionately by us as the "The Thunderer" because, as even his primitive scandinavian followers understood, thunder is caused by lightning. We also figure calling him "The lightninger" sounds stupid
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Jonathan Drake

Can anyone imagine what FT might be able to accomplish if they put their mind, a mind clearly with a love of study and reading, toward something that actually mattered?

No.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Outlaw

I looked up Holy Spirit..AND..

............A Picture Of This Bird Kept..................Then I Thought About All The Atheists..

.........................Popping Up.................................That Would Show Up On This Thread..

Image result for holy spirit........Image result for Duck hunting

......................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

Ready

Fire

Aim !

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi Fusion

Nice summary. We are studying about the Spirit at the moment because JW's don't really have it in their lives or really grasp it, and in our "innocent" questionings, they can't explain it beyond the stupid remote control illustration.

It is clearly far more than that. Thank you for more scriptures to contemplate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit