Little things in life that make you smile/happy

by Cappuccino OC 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Kids are nice, but I still like bonding with a good Cuban Cigar!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

it truly is the simple things in life that are the most cherished. i live in the southwest desert, and it has an unbelievable beauty all its own. close to my house is a man-made wash, and you can always spot jackrabbits, little quail (it's funny to see. they really do walk in a line, and all the little ones follw the mom), and an occasional coyote. yellow daisies and vermillion & magenta verbena dot the landscape a few days after it rains. before the rain comes, there's nothing but scrub, and after, flowers everywhere. the desert doesn't demand much but it gives you a lot in return. the thing that makes me the most happy is my adorable son. when he was little, his innocence and pure joy in living was contagious. he did a million things every single day to bring a laugh or a smile. now that he is a teen-ager, he is more subdued, but still the most precious thing in my life. he has become an accomplished guitar player and when i listen to him play complex riffs along with metallica, or stevie ray vaughn, there's nothing that could top the happiness i feel at that moment.

then:

modern times

p.s. ok i know this sounds a tad self-indulgent, but i love to open the moon roof in my little beetle at night, crank up the system and drive along this one mountain road. it's very revitalizing! Thank you for posting this. asweome thoughts, everyone.

Edited by - Incense_and_Peppermints on 22 July 2002 12:18:27

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

LOL @ ThiChi

• apple829
    apple829

My 2-year old son all the time, but especially when he calls me Baby (like his daddy does).

BTW Gopher, What A Princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherryl

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I too live in the Northwest and more than once, have had racoons in the back yard. Of course, the cats wanted to go out and play, but I didn't think that was too wise.

But, things that make me smile? My grandsons, mostly. How can I not when the oldest gives me a big hug and kiss?

Other things, emails from someone special. Hearing an old favorite tune on the radio. Walking along the Columbia River near dusk. I especially like seeing new roses blooming on my rose bushes.

There are many things that can make me smile, if only for a brief second. I find that looking around and seeing the little wonders of the world is real good elixer for the days troubles.

Lew W

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

You know when you're trying to download a file of some sort..and that window pops up that lets you know how long it's gonna take
    and it's got like two folders...and a paper flying from one folder to the other folder? ...and it keeps goingand going...................................and going..and going? ...yeah..that's it. ~FS P.S. it's hypnotizing!

Edited by - FiveShadows on 22 July 2002 16:1:16

• teejay
    teejay

Cappuccino OC

You may want to look at this thread.

• Larry
    Larry

While I was walking to catch a boat for work, My teenage daughter (14) was with a group of her friends and acknowledge me in front of all of them. She screammed 'Hi Daddy.' That made me feel good. Now if she'll do that when she's 16 than I must be doing something right :)

Peace - LL

• saltiest
    saltiest

She may be covered in drool but when my little Ash sees me and breaks out in a huge grin, nothing else matters. One of my favorite things she does is when she reaches for me as I'm walking towards her to pick her up.

Alicia

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Mowing my lawn makes me smile :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit