Little things in life that make you smile/happy

by Cappuccino OC 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Early this morning I noticed a couple of racoons in my back yard searching for food. There's a huge park/forest in my back yard.

I quietly opened the door and left some treats for them. They came back & ate them then went on playing. (SO pretty!)

It's 7:00ish in the morning. It's pretty quiet. I can see lot of green tall trees, blue skies, & bits of sun shine rays. It's a perfect beautiful morning!

I just got an idea I will take a walk along the trail that leads to leads to the ocean (less than 1 miles)

Can you all share the things that you love in life & that make you smile real big?

CAPP

ps. I live in the beautiful Northwest. I'm surrounded by pine trees, deciduos trees, raspberries (now), snow capped mountains ( 1 hour away) & the ocean, (sound that is).

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 22 July 2002 10:21:54

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hugging my 3-year old daughter after she says "You're the best daddy I've ever seen!"

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

This does it for me everytime...my youngest daughter.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I also live in the great Northwest and love it. I take my daughter down to one of the may waterfront parks here and let her play. Like me she loves the water so she tends to run straight for it. Seeing her play and laugh makes me smile every time.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

That's really it for me too:

when my little four year old daughter tells me "You're the best mommy ever."

Gopher, we must be doing something right.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I wish I could post my pics... darn. Things that make me smile - my two daughters, and my big dog Diego. He is the master of expressions with his droopy eyes, big droopy ears, big smile. Sometimes it's just the way he sleeps, or how he snuggles right up to me in bed and puts his big head on my chest. He kept that puppy smell and he's so soft. Every time he hears the fire engines scream by - he howls with them. If he's barking and I tell him to hush - he'll complain under his breath. It is hilarious. And when both my dogs play - well, there's a floor show here everyday.

With my girls all growed up and hardly home anymore - my two dogs are my heart's content. My cat Beaster, who has cancer but is flourishing, snuggles up with me at night and we hold paws. He'll reach out his paw so I can hold it. Then there's Doodles, my daughter's black neurotic cat, who acts like a June Bug at the deck door when he wants in. Oh - my fish Princess Suishi who sleeps in her castle in an upright position. Hugs - hugs are always reasons to smile.

THen there's the weather. Summer rains to dance in (really), and breezes to appreciate, cloud formations, the sound of the leaves on trees and even chillin with a cold diet coke. Hanging laundry on the line and watching it sway in the breeze .......Hey! - YOU started me on the little things. I LOVE the little things in life. Those are the things that fuel my spirit and I could go on and on. Yeppers. I'll stop here though - for your eyes' sake.

Mimilly (of the appreciative of the small things class) Cos it's the little things that make me smile. (edited to add that last part)

Edited by - Mimilly on 22 July 2002 10:55:56

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's a pic of me with my daughter:

Edited by - Gopher on 22 July 2002 11:58:13

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Sitting quietly thinking on the amazement of being able to think.

My friends, my family, my garden, going to the beach, going for a drive in a beautiful car (no, mine ain't beautiful), getting out of bed every morning, turning into bed every night. Realising I am free, and realising that life is just F****** GREAT.

Viv.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I live in the SF Bay Area. A view of the bay makes me smile. Of course there are good friends, family, good students, and good music to make my life enriched.

• Jesika
    Jesika

My 8 yr old son makes me smile when he tells me he loves me or when he wants to curl up next to me while we watch a movie. My boyfriend makes me smile ALL the time, he has a great personality and can make me laugh even when I don't want to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit