Man, after all, creates gods in his own image.

by Bleep 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JanH
    JanH

Bleep,

1. Has the Watchtower Society at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?
    2. Has the Bible at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?

References and examples please.

- Jan

• larc
    larc

Bleep, several people here have pointed out a very simple fact. The fact is this: all the signs of the times have existed throughout history in all times, and in all centuries. The worst century was the 14th, not the 20th. You really need to read some history, because you are simply wrong, as is your religion wrong on this point.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Bleep,

Many people, except for the IRA wonder why Ian Paisley has not been polished off many years ago, especially given his right wing, fundamentalist and much publicisied hatred of Catholics. The answer is that to the IRA his demented and bigoted views act as the perfect recruiting agent for them. He is more useful to them alive than dead.

It seems to me that you are the Paisley of the WTS, we love having you here as you prove to onlookers how bankrupt of brain cells many on-line WTS apologists really are.

HS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Amen. to that, HS !

Edited by - ozziepost on 27 July 2002 9:35:31

• SYN
    SYN

So, let's sum up this thread. In order for an invisible, never-to-be-seen God to be satisfied, according to an old book, you have to remove a rather important region of the male body. I love it!

Also, I think Scully (who is a SHE, Blep) has a good point - why exactly that bit of the body? What's the point? Is he going to hang them above his fireplace?

• Bleep
    Bleep

Good point there Crazy151drinker. The wording is just wrong. They still don't give them any credit. Both are equally wrong if they want to come up with the future or past. Does Science have the Big Bang Theory? They made a prediction of the past.

This forum would be like talking to yourself if I wasn't here.

• Bleep
    Bleep

JanH asked, "Has the Watchtower Society at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?"

Nobody can make a prediction but Jehovah. They no longer try to predict the future. Jehovah has his own timeframe. He gave us Math 24:14. "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached throughout all the inhabited earth to all, and then the end will come."

JanH asked, "Has the Bible at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?"

Anyone that reads the Bible and understands it would say yes.

There was the flood, which the Ark was found.

And many other prophecies and proof for example:

This century has produced more people than ever before who are.
    Lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, lovers of themselves, unthankful, without love of goodness, not open to any agreement. (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

The abandonment of high ethical standards in this century has caused priorities to change.

The Times Atlas of the 20th Century explains: "In 1900 nations and individuals still measured their worth in non-monetary terms. . . . By the end of the century nations measured their success in almost entirely economic terms. . . .

I hope I did something to help further along your study.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Nobody can make a prediction but Jehovah.

Today is going to be hot in Toronto.

Since nobody can make a prediction but Jehovah, and I have just made a prediction, it logically follows that I am Jehovah! Bleep, if you can identify the logical fallacy here, I shall modify my opinion of you from "idiot" to "mostly idiot."

If you can identify the logical fallacy in the first statement and the outright error in the second, I will further modify my opinion from "mostly idiot" to "frequent idiot."

Lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, lovers of themselves, unthankful, without love of goodness, not open to any agreement.

Your producing objective evidence to back this statement up will accord you a "somewhat idiot" rating.

The Times Atlas of the 20th Century explains: "In 1900 nations and individuals still measured their worth in non-monetary terms. . . . By the end of the century nations measured their success in almost entirely economic terms. . . .

Finally, an examination from you of what non-monetary terms nations used in 1900 and why these are superior to economic terms may achieve the coveted "just daft" title!

Expatbrit

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Bleep said:

Nobody can make a prediction but Jehovah. They no longer try to predict the future. Jehovah has his own timeframe. He gave us Math 24:14. "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached throughout all the inhabited earth to all, and then the end will come."

However JanH said:

"Has the Watchtower Society at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?"

Now, Care to actually answer the question this time. A yes or no will do.

Ignored One.

Edited by - ignored_one on 28 July 2002 12:23:59

• JanH
    JanH

Bleep,

JanH asked, "Has the Watchtower Society at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?"

It is true that after the 1975 disaster, the WTS has been more cautious about setting dates, but they still assert that the end is coming "soon", and, they base this on certain proof texts of the Bible. Of course, the Bible did predict the end of the world very "soon", almost 2000 years ago! It's still here, of course.

Of course, the WTS also claimed they had "lerned to quit fixing dates" after the 1925 disaster. Didn't take them many decades to go back to the insanity, so who knows what the future will bring.

JanH asked, "Has the Bible at any time made an accurate prediction of the future?"

It is not surprising that you will make such a stupid blanket statement instead of actually providing evidence.

You are joking, right?

Anyone with a smattering of knowledge of past history or natural sciences will know that the worldwide flood described in Genesis never happened, and never could have happened.

And many other prophecies and proof for example:

Now, let's see if you understand the word "proof". Provide one single example of a non-trivial prediction in the Bible for which there is independent evidence it actually happened. Naturally, if a Bible author says that so-and-so made a prediction about a future event, and then it describes the fulfillment of the same event, only the particularly naive will believe it.

Lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, lovers of themselves, unthankful, without love of goodness, not open to any agreement. (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

Have you ever read that scripture? 2Tim tells the reciepent of that letter, Timothy, to "Avoid such men as these" So, obviously, the author of that letter was not talking about a distant future. He was talking about his age.

The abandonment of high ethical standards in this century has caused priorities to change.

We actually live in the most prosporous times of human history. Only anyone with a total lack of knowledge of human history would think that people today behave worse than people in earlier times. We have a much lower crime rate, much higher lifespans (in our part of the world, we have 4 times the expected lifespan of the people Jesus preached to!), better health, for the first time in history the vast majority of humans have access to sufficient food and water.

If you ever come to visit a city reasonably preserved from mediaval or rennaisance times (in fact, I live in one such city) you would notice city walls, big gates and large fortifications as a major characteristic of its architecture. War and crime was so common that a city needed walls and fortifications to protect itself. The high seas and the countryside had lots of small and larger bands of armed men, who occasionally succeeded in plundering and sacking even a major city.

When did you last hear of the population in a city attacking a neighbour city, plundering and killing? Can you imagine San Franciscans tomorrow forming a army to go up to plunder and destroy Los Angeles? No? Well, this happened all the time in medieval and rennaisance Europe. And all over the rest of the world. Actually, the Bible record such events happening in "God's own nation" Israel.

The only places where this still happens is primitive regions without central control, where those traditional values we find in the Bible still prevails.

I suspect you are too dense to notice this is an improvement in metrics, and doesn't say anything you seem to think it does.
    I hope I did something to help further along your study.

Insofar as my study object is religious people, perhaps you did.If nothing else, you provided another example of a militantly ignorant JW. It is hard to avoid being disappointed at the continued display of massive ignorance.

- Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit