Ray Franz has anyone read Crisi of Conscience?

by 67mustang 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

I read both the books last year ...and just recieved CofC 4th Ed. 'cause I wanted to see what was new.

After reading the books, everything going on finally came together for me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I believe you will discover it is far more rare to find people in here to have NOT read it than who have.

It is a MUST READ. The society has not stepped forward to refute ONE WORD of it, because they can't.

Farkel

• NewWay
    NewWay

Yes, I'm back. I couldn't resist! I just needed some time to readjust to the heady world of online forums with their diverse mix of people and opinions.

Last week I received my order of the latest edition of Ray's book 'Crisis of Conscience' and scanned it for new information. I made up my mind that I would donate it to my home town lending library so that it will be available to local readers - I already have the previous edition. I've also finished reading "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" by Carl Olof Jonsson, and was amazed at his scolarly work in questioning the WTS chronology.

NW.

BTW: Thanks to all those who posted kind messages on my "Last Post" thread. I hope to continue posting in the future.

• minimus
    minimus

I read Ray's 2 books when they first came out. They were probably the most fascinating books that I have ever read. It helps solidify your position of the organization being corrupt and unfaithful.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello NewWay.......and happy reading.

If you go to Freeminds, check out the writings & books of Randy Watters also. I have several of his (Thus Saith The Governing Body and another one on mental illness and jw's - or depression). Very good and every quote backed up. It's interesting that writers against the WTBTS are almost compulsive about giving credit on every quote they use. Why? Because jw's are soooooo ready to discredit anything put to them. So back it up.

If you donate your CofC book to your library, be aware that several of these books have *disappeared* from other libraries. It would seem that "theocratic warfare" extends to stealing books from the library. Instead of a book burning, a book stealing.

waiting

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I have the book and have read it. It is an interesting book. You can get it at "Amazon.com" used by now probably.

But even if you have to purchase a new one they are still inexpensive. I think I paid less then $20 for my copy.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Waiting,

Where can I read these letters from the mexican elders? Are they on Kents site or Freeminds? Thanking you for your time in advance.

• Mac
    Mac

I also recommend "In Search Of Christian Freedom" by Ray.

• JanH
    JanH

Of course. Ray Franz' books are simply standard texts for anyone interested in the JW religion, and particularly exJWs. As a GB member, he had access to unique information. His books are well presented and documented. When you are finished reading it, you have deep respect for him as a person and you detest the corrupt leadership. That is a very good start.

What makes Ray's books particularly effective for de-towering JWs is that he has remained essentially 90% JW since he left. He believes much of the same things, except the organization doctrines and some other peculiar teachings, and seems to believe that the movement started up with many essentially true teachings and then was corrupted from the inside by unscrupulous leaders.

For JWs who have serious questions about their religion, Ray comes across as genuinly concerned and honest. I am sure he really is. Many exiting JWs would be turned off by anyone further away from JW teachings than he is (say, anyone who believes in the trinity, hellfire or -- god forbid -- one who has rejected Christianity and/or the Bible altogether). To a JW fatigued on extremist rules, Ray is a liberal, a breath of fresh air, while allowing them to cling on to a vestige of religious nostalgism.

In the rest of the world, of course, bible inerrantists like Ray or COJ are conservatives, if not extremists, but for JWs in doubt it is just what the doctor ordered.

- Jan

• Bleep
    Bleep

Twenty bucks and all you get is a smile from Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit