best song of all time

by Cowboy 76 Replies latest social entertainment

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

awww Comf...the kids young, giv'm a break

THere is something about being seasoned with music that can't be appreciated till later.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If I may post an additional one, I also think Glenn Millers Moonlight Serenade to be a great song too. Although long before even my time, his music is timeless.

Lew W

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hey, SS, I think we have similar taste in music. Have you tried Adagio for String by Albinoni?

For me it depends on the mood I'm in. I love most of the music all of you have posted here. I love the 3rd movement of Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.3 and his Paganini Variation for Piano and Orchestra. I also adore Harmony du Soir by Franz Liszt.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Yeah,COMF,I see your point.Guess some of us can be a little too obsessive.You're right,it's not particularly healthy.

Ya'll are coming up with some great stuff .

Cowboy

• Makena1
    Makena1

COMF wrote: But, I think the best song of all time ought to have lyrics that are coherent and mean something, don't you? Heck, Stairway isn't even Zep's alltime best (Dazed and Confused is). end quote

Zed Leppelin certainly makes my list - so many great songs. For me Ramble On, and Battle of Evermore are two favs - probably because I was reading JRR Tolkien when I first heard those songs.

Interesting thread - I have to agree with what I think Hillary said - this needs to be subdivided somehow. My taste ranges from Beethoven symphonies, Jimi Hendrix, SRV, George Gershwin, Miles Davis and everything in between.

Gotta think on this - the only way for me to answer this would be - If I were sent on a deep space probe to the ends of the universe and could only take one CD what would it be?

Mak

Too many choices

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sunshine

I have albinono adagio for strings in g minor. I'm listening to it now. It's really nice.

SS

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

For JanH:

*looking at your nickname* It wouldn't happen to be Bicycle Race, would it??

Bingo! Guess that one was too easy.....I like the whole lead into it with Fat Bottomed Girls, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard that song played in a biker-bar! Makes me wonder if Queen would still be around had Freddie not died. He had to have been a musical genuis, totally rocked! *sigh*

There can be only one!

NOT! How could anyone narrow down their favorite all time song, let alone style of music? I love everything from Clasical to Metal and variety is the spice of life!

bc

"Life is like a ten speed bike, we all have gears we never use." Charles Schultz

• Panda
    Panda

I refuse to believe that anyone would 'dis Stairway to Heaven by claiming that the lyrics don't say anything. You're right it's not Led Zepplins best but because everyone can recognise and move their heads to it. Well heck son it's a classic! I also LOVE Dased and Confused, and the Levee.(sp)

I agree we need different categories. Even classical music should be divided like Russian 17th century, German 17th century, Italian etc.

Wait a second... we're humans...we're fickle...we'll always change our minds.

OH how about that solo Pavarotti did in la Traviata, oh my heart weeps when I hear that...

And heavy Metal... is anyone better than Metallica? (Oh yeah Jethro Tull )

Creed, Puddle of Mudd, Tommy Dorsey(sp?), And how about the old swing hit with the great drums SING SING? I could listen to that all day.

And Blues singers like anything Eta James. Oh she is so good. So much music and so little time.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I've heard this "Led Zepplin" band a time or two. I just don't think they have what it takes. I'm sure their career will sink like a lead derigible.

• Soledad
    Soledad

oh gaaaaawwwwd plllleeeeeeeasssssse not another music thread!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit