My experience of christians and religion

by Doltologist 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake

I enjoy going to church now. Evangelical Christians are harmless. I wear my gym clothes to church because I work out right after and no one cares. I get a positive message each week, get to chat with some nice people, learn some stuff about the bible.

What I can’t stand is all these Nietzsche Inspired, Richard Dawkins reading, smug and self-righteous assholes who spend all their worrying about what I believe. I believe all the animals in the world got on a big boat, so what. Eat shit.

I love it just how it makes some people so angry. Maybe I am a closet JW.

• done4good
    done4good

Cofty - I disagree with using derogatory epithets for groups.

"christard" is a conflation of christian and retard.

Many christians I know are intelligent, caring and generous people.

I oppose their religious beliefs but I would never insult their character.

Well said, and spot on.

d4g

• cofty
    cofty
    I believe all the animals in the world got on a big boat, so what. Eat shit.

I am the last person to worry about whether people like what I say, but I wouldn't go out my way to earn the deserved contempt of others. How do you manage to ignore so many facts about reality? It must take a lot of energy.

• done4good
    done4good

What I can’t stand is all these Nietzsche Inspired, Richard Dawkins reading, smug and self-righteous assholes who spend all their worrying about what I believe. I believe all the animals in the world got on a big boat, so what. Eat shit.

Willful ignorance is worse than stupid.

d4g

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HMTM

Yes, Jesus "had a mouth" on him. His mouth was directed to the hypocrites leading his religion not to the humble Jews who suffered under their hammer.

Nuance.

Someone who didn't exist can't say anything.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

LisaRose

Given your history it's understandable that you hate religion, but I find your use of made up terms to be annoying and it's hard to take you seriously because of it.

Please feel free not to.

We all have had our moments of making fun of the Watchtower and religion in general, but most of us moved on at some point. You may want to think about why you still have a lot of anger towards your parents.

I loved my parents. They were the best parents anyone could ever have had. Why do you think that I hated them? Have you even read my post?

One of the goals of this board it to help those who are leaving or at least having doubts about the Watchtower. They may very well be turned off by your use of such terms and not stick around to learn more that could help them get free of the Watchtower.

Some people are mild mannered on this forum, some are less so. It's as well that people see the whole range of feelings, not just the mild mannered ones. They need to understand that some of us have feelings that go deep and are strong. They need to understand why too. That's reality. On some forums, I am considered very polite and very mild mannered. If you think that I'm extreme, you need to get out more.

They have been conditioned to think that all us apostates are evil, horrible people who want to tear down the faith of others.

I do want to tear down faith and religion.

This fear is so strong that even if they hate the Watchtower they may be hesitant to come here. I myself didn't find this site until eight years after leaving the Watchtower, even as I knew it was not the truth.

That's their issue not mine. They need to deal with it.. My attitude may/may not cause jovies to leave. Who knows. Anybody done a survey?

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Millie210

I tried to be the good guy but, strangely enough, I have integrity. Not to you, not to anyone else, to me.

I tried to refrain from posting insults but it's not who I am. It felt wrong and it felt dishonest.

Besides, all you guys are playing it slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Maybe that's right.

Maybe it's not right.

Maybe these jovies should feel what I feel and why. Maybe it will speed things up if they really understood the venom that some of us have and why.

Maybe they should understand that there's a range of feelings out here. Maybe they should see them all. Maybe one will hit home.

Don't make the mistake that one size fits all.

You have a nice day y'hear?

I'll always be polite to you. You deserve it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I appreciate your honesty, you don't owe anyone an explanation but you have provided some insights into what makes dolty tick, so thanks.

If we're being all group therapy I have a confession to make. When you first came to this site and explained the definition of your user name I wondered if you thought we were all fools worthy of study?

Just asking.

• cofty
    cofty
    Besides, all you guys are playing it slowly, slowly catchy monkey

I'm not. I just think it is ignorant to label all christians as bastards.

• freddo
    freddo

Hello Dolt,

Assuming your father was at Bergen-Belsen because he was Jewish, why did he convert to a Christian faith?

Just wondering.

Freddo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit