My experience of christians and religion

by Doltologist 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Laika

'Lord have mercy' That the Nazi army was made up mostly of baptised Christians is evidence of the failure of Christendom as civil religion.

Thank you for your comments.

In fact, guys, thank you all for your comments. I'm touched.

It's odd. The Nazis were brutal but I can find it within me to forgive and forget as did my father. It was war and war does things to people. It would be a fine thing if we could all say that we would act rationally during war time but, would we?

I've worked in Germany on several occasions and really like the place and the people. If dad could forgive, so can I.

What I can't forgive is christians and religion. This isn't wartime. This is peacetime and yet, they act in ways that are totally unacceptable. There again, they always have.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Splash

Personally I don't like the terms Christards, Jokehovians, the LIEble, the Babble, sky wizard, sky daddy etc.

You concentrate on the above and mention it in several places in your post and yet completely ignore what christards have done in their history. You are aware that they are responsible for the murder of 100 - 200 million people, aren't you?

You also need to understand that christards are treated better that the way they treated us in the past.

Is this what is important to you, terminology?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

Be aware, I'd like to call christards far worse. In fact, to their faces, I do. On a web site, I have to moderate my language to a more acceptable level. Isn't that odd?

• Splash
    Splash
    Doltologist One or two of you have noticed that I use derogatory terms when talking about matters religion.

This was your opening statement. Your whole post goes on to give reasons why you use this terminology. It shouldn't come as a surprise that I respond to it.

To give you my view on religion (not just Chistianity) in history, I'd say it has added to mankind in some aspects, but been detrimental in other aspects.

Doltologist Is this what is important to you, terminology?

Yes, terminology and language is important of course. Important here, important in politics, important in business, important in life.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Splash

Yes, terminology and language is important of course. Important here, important in politics, important in business, important in life.

Which is why I use the terms: christards, religtards and sky wizard.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

To call an individual a derogatory name is one thing but to designate a derogatory name to an entire class of people that is called bigotry, prejudice.

To say that religious people have done the same and so it is fine and dandy to do as they have done is childish and gives evidence that the claim to have learned something is false.

To, all too conveniently, clump all Christians living today with what some Christians have done in the past is a school yard game which should be left in the school yard after we grow up. "Johnny's dad is a murderer, it's okay to throw stones at a murderer's son he'll probably do the same, they all do"...is the talk of children.

The Nazis were brutal but I can find it within me to forgive and forget as did my father. It was war and war does things to people. It would be a fine thing if we could all say that we would act rationally during war time but, would we?

What I can't forgive is christians and religion. This isn't wartime. This is peacetime and yet, they act in ways that are totally unacceptable. There again, they always have.

Forgive the Nazis but not Christians- should be the rallying cry for all who want to close their minds to reality. People are people. They go wrong, they go right. They ALL do!!

To Lurking JWs:

If we are learning to put down the JW black and white thinking why should we take up another black and white thinking? Where is the lesson in that? We will find ourselves in the same mental prison but with another name on the building. I would hope that lurking JWs do not go the way of imitating a xenophobic kind of thinking where all who are not with us are against us. If you are a questioning JW stay away from black and white thinking. It never works, it never helps us get to a better place. Black and white thinking leads to another cell block not true freedom of thought and understanding.

Be Inclusive, not Exclusive.

Frank

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HMTM

Hitler "ONLY" murdered 10 million souls.

Christards murdered between 100 - 200 million in their history.

It says it all when christards are between 10 - 20 times more evil than Hitler.

Christards pretend to be sweetness and light and then hide behind their christardology whilst behaving as paedophiles.

To lurking potential jovies and current jovies:

Be aware what some people in this society think of you and aren't afraid to say it and either don't go in or, if you are in, get out.

I have no issue with those who have left the religtards.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

as I said in another post:

Christians and Atheists can run the whole range or of morals, however....

I can say atheism does not promote bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and ignorance, that takes religion.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HMTM

You mixing me up with someone who gives a flying fart what you think.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

You mixing me up with someone who gives a flying fart what you think.

BJ Thomas was playing, Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. Thus the umbrella. Flying farts is an interesting analogy. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit