Romance status

by Crystal 60 Replies latest social relationships

• Crystal
    Crystal

Just curious as to who is single and who is not on this board.I have been with my boyfriend going on 3 years now. We just moved in together in Feb.For the most part we get along great but he has some weird habits.He also thinks i spend too much time on this site(which I do...but heck I finally belong!!)So its hard to relate to him on the subject.He thinks I should just forget about it.Sometimes i think i might be better off with someone who has more or less been where i have.(Maybe not,they might be as screwed up as i am)

• Gopher
    Gopher

My divorce is almost final. So mentally and emotionally I'm single, but the judge will make it final in the next month or so.

As far as a relationship with a non-ex-JW, I have heard similar complaints from others in your situation. Surprisingly, religion is an issue almost always, between an ex-JW and a never-been-JW. As you're finding out, they want you to "get over it" and "move on" with life, and it isn't just that easy, is it?

It's almost like you had to be a JW once to understand it. Not that every "never been JW" gets impatient with someone who spends time here, there are some relationships like that that work fine (like Thirdson and his wife).

However things turn out for you, I wish you the best!

• Xena
    Xena

Hey Crystal,

I am married/seperated/in an open marriage (it tends to change on a daily basis) to an ExJW. We both left the org. at the same time. I have dated people who were never JW's and have spent time with people who are ExJW's. It is nice to have the underlying basis you get with an ExJW..lol not having to explain some of your "oddness" and where 20 some odd years of your life went. But ExJW's do tend to come with some baggage, lol I KNOW I DO. So there are pros and cons to both....the way I see it is just find someone you want to be with and be with them....give and take in the relationship....and when it is over remember the good and positive aspects...

Course it isn't really that simple, but at least it is a starting point for me anyway

• SYN
    SYN

Well, there's a certain someone special on the other side of the Atlantic, is all I will say. It's a pain in the backside being so far away from her. She is an XJW too - so she understands all my little quirks, but most of all, she knows how to be free and she appreciates what mental and physical freedom is. Most XJWs are like this, which sets them apart from a lot of other people in some ways. It also helps that she understands and has gone through similiar things to what I have - I suppose going through an exigesis is a powerful bonding factor, as it allows us to understand parts of each other's personalities that no other person would be able to relate to.

Oh, and if you really want to know who it is, see the Crush thread.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi, Crystal.

My husband passed away last year and so I am a widow.

That words sounds so strange applied to me, but that's just what I am. A young widow, though.

I know its hard to relate to someone who has not had out experiences, but it is not impossible. It entails a lot of work though.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Very sorry about your husband, Dutchie.

• Xena
    Xena

I am so sorry to hear about your husband Dutchie! My heart goes out to you...with everything Tim and I have gone thru and even considering divorce...I couldn't imagine not having him around....

Edited by - Xena on 20 July 2002 17:15:39

• Xena
    Xena
    Oh, and if you really want to know who it is, see the Crush thread.

Gee SYN MUST you advertise our love this way?????

(embarressed pause)

Oh wait you weren't talking about me were you?????

Xena of the In a Joking Mood Most Of The Time Class

Edited by - Xena on 20 July 2002 15:54:1

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ Xena...oh the humanity...

• Francois
    Francois

Looks like to me we have two choices:

1. Be with someone who's got baggage and has been where we been, so they know where we comin' from - you see where I'm at?

2. Be with someone who's got different baggage, so neither one has been where the other has been so neither knows where the other is comin' from - and nobody will ever know where the other's at.

Make sense?

francois
    Yeah! us, boo them.

Edited by - Francois on 20 July 2002 17:39:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit