Anyone ever rub elbows with a Celebrity?

by RubyTuesday 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had breakfast with Mark Victor Hansen, in Hawaii. He is the co-author of all the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books. I was with a group, from my company on an award trip (you qualify for and win the trip...............some can buy the trip too, so there were lots of us). I knew Mark was part of our company, but had never even seen a photo of him. At breakfast, he came over to my table and asked if he could sit in the seat next to me. He extended his hand, and said "I'm Mark". We all wore name tags, so he started talking to me and my roommate, Anna, and was just a really interesting man. He got up to get more food (buffet), and I saw his name tag, hanging from his belt, with his full name. So I said "You're THAT Mark." He laughed and came back to finish breakfast. A very nice man, very warm and easy to talk with, and interested in other people. I saw him a year later, and he looked me up, and asked to see my business card, because he had heard it was a really good one, and asked if he could copy the wording. It said "This may be the last Get Well Card you will ever need". (we are in health and nutrition) Then I saw him at an airport the next year, and I heard him yell "Marilyn", across the concourse, so I looked, and saw him throw me a kiss, and wave, as he ran to get his plane. That was cool!

Back in 1965, I was on a Merry Go Round with my 2 year old son, during a break from the Seattle District Convention, and Telly Savales (Kojak on TV, if anyone remembers) was right next to me, with his children. He was in town making "The Slender Thread". I told him he looked really familiar, and he was kind of aloof, but smiled, so I asked him if he was enjoying Seattle, and he said "very much", and then turned away.

Edited by - mulan on 20 July 2002 0:5:57

• LB
    LB

I grew up with Suzzane Somers from 3's company. We were neighbors. But more recently I became buddies with Carnie Wilson from Wilson Phillips. We went to the same surgeon at the same time for our gastric bypass surgeries. We stay in touch.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I love Suzanne Somers. Is she as nice as she seems?

• LB
    LB

Well I haven't seen Suzanne for close to 20 years now. She was always very nice. A funny thing though. In high school many of us guys just thought os Suzanne as a very pretty but chubby girl. She wore thick loose tops and her assets were well concealed. During our senior year she started showing up at beach parties. It became obvious that she was not a chubby girl. By her senior year she was dating college guys.

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about her. I know that she wouldn't allow any of us into her home during the school years as her dad was a pretty heavy drinker. That was a secret too for most. Back then we all had to put on a good front as though our families were perfect.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Managing a fashion store about a year ago, I sold an outfit to Alice Cooper - he was in town for a concert. God, he is even more hagged in real life.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

When I was about eight years old, my two sisters and I went to the telethon in Raleigh, to give them the money we collected from aroung the neighborhood. (I don't remember how much it was that we collected, but if you were a kid and collected a large sum, they let you be on TV and meet the actors that were there for the show. Because of this I met Barry Williams and Kate Jackson and the guy who played Candy on the show, Bonanza. Kate Jackson, I assume does not like children, because I had seen the episode of the Rookies in which she was shot. You know how kids tend to believe what they see on TV? Well, I asked her if it hurt when she got shot in the back? She just looked at me as if I were a crazy kid and didn't bother to reply.

When I was eighteen, I was a supervisor at the Marriott Hotel and was fortunate enough to meet the late Tammy Wynette. Very nice woman. Very pretty too.

I used to go to this club called the Long Branch saloon. I met on two different nights. Shelly West(daughter of Dotty West) she sang her popular song "You're the reason God made Oklahoma". The other person I met there was Johnny Rivers. He looks much better on TV then he does up close in person.

I met Wynonna at a concert in Raleigh the other year. She is someone I think I could be friends with. Great personality.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I used to work at American Airlines. One of the jobs I had was in their frequent flier department. I once had a long (10 minute) conversation with Dabney Coleman (neat guy). After Bill Clinton was elected, Hillary called up to change their mailing address. I asked her what she was changing it to and she said, "What do you think?" Actually she was really nice, and not at all like she appears to be.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I repaired Kenny Wayne Sheppards hail damaged car. We had a long conversation, he is really a nice kid. If you dont know who this kid is you should down load some of his music from KaZaA

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Kenny Wayne Sheppard once payed me 75 bucks to use a ball-peen hammer on his car. He said "make it look like hail damage". It's people like Kenny Wayne Sheppard that make all of our insurance rates go up! I got him back though, I downloaded a bunch of his music so I wouldn't have to pay him for it!

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

*sniff*

Six made Kenny's car all Black on Blue!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit