Lunch menu

by sunshineToo 20 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Francois, Wow, they have Gold Star where you live? That is impressive. Now, when I lived out of the area, I would buy the can of chili meat, because you can do all the rest on your own.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Toasted cucumber sandwich with miracle whip. Mmmmm.

Sockeye salmon with miracle whip and pepper and green onions on rice cakes.

Grilled cheese sandwich, with ketchup. Tomato soup with pasta in it.

Ready-made tossed greens salad with preferred dressing.

Baked fish fillet (cod or salmon or sole) with steamed veggies (brocolli mmmm) and lemon.

Nachos. With melted cheese and chopped green onion, tomato, sourcream, salsa.

Swedish meatballs (from your local grocers frozen food section) and sauce (pasta or sweet&sour).

Burrito.

Homemade mini pizzas. Use pita breads, pasta sauce, cheese of choice, whatever meat u like, veggies. Mmmmm. Fun and EZ and tasty.

Chicken FAJITAS. Chicken breast sliced into bite size and stirfried in olive or canola oil with coriander spice until no longer pink. Set aside and briefly stirfry preferred vegies (red onion, green peppers, whatever u like, also with coriander spice). Roll up in flatbread. Yummy with sourcream or guacamoli (sp?).

MMMMMMMM fooooooood...i could go on endlessly on this topic. So many yummy ez ideas.

SPAZ

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

To FiveShadow: I'll try that cafe. I think I saw it when I drove a local freeway the other day. ;-)

To Mum: I have a great eggplant parmigiana recipe: Grilled Eggplant and Chicken Parmesan. :-q

To TruckerGB: would that be carmelized onion? Would you like to have a peppermint lifesaver on the side? ;-)

To Kenneson: good idea, too! ;-q

To SYN: Oh, you are so bad. ;-)

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

To Valis or District Overbeer:

sunshine, I wanted to apollogize for being gruff w/you in the thread about my family's response to Panorama. I have no idea who or how old you are, and as I am usually right about everything, I try to correct my few mistakes when they do occur..*L* Anyway...my bad!

Oh, don't worry about it. I've forgotten already. ;-) And about my age....um.....never mind. ;-p

I've been trying a lot of chopped salads lately, cause its been so hot...my fave has romaine, pastrami and a little vinegar, cucumbers, olives and a bit of shredded feta cheese and some bannana pepper....yummy..

Ooh, not bad!

also did a guacamole recently w/lots of garlic ,sun dried tomatos that come packed in a jar w/olive oil, and jicama....yummy w/chips, a lisslte sour crean and hot sauce...nice light lunch in itself.

Pretty good, Valis! :-D

To larc: I've never seen those chilis. My favorite so far is Stagg chili from Costco.

To OUTLAW: YOU ARE SO BAD. ;-) I'll take it as you prefer BBQ.

To Francois: No comment! ;-)

To SPAZink: ( SIGH.....) What a gourmet!!!! |-)

• LB
    LB

I recall during my fat years that I really enjoyed M&M and peanut butter sandwiches.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I have the same thing for lunch every day. Tuna Salad on rye bread, lettuce and tomato, no extra may and a diet pepsi.

Well. that's not entirely true. Once in a while I'll have a Quiche Lorraine.

Edited by - Dutchie on 20 July 2002 1:4:34

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Dutchie. You are as bad as I am. Everyday, Ham & Swiss with lettuce and tomato. Sometimes I splurge and have rye. When I want a change of pace, maybe last nights leftovers.

Quiche? I haven't had quiche since the 70s

Lew w

BTW, still love that picture

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

((((((((Sweet Dakota Red!)))))))))

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

sunshine too: Oh they got GREAT wings! nice and spicey! ~FS

• COMF
    COMF

Chicken enchiladas at Justmex. Never mind the enchiladas. I go there for the complimentary salsa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit