How many here still loves Jehovah and the Watchtow

by HaitianBoston 23 Replies latest social current

• JanH
    JanH

jack2,

I have noticed, as have all bible readers, that the Name is practically non-existent in the Greek Scriptures and was not used in any recorded statements by Jesus unless he was quoting from the Hebrew Scriptures.

There is in fact not a shred of evidence any of the NT authors, or any person mentioned in the NT, ever used any form of the divine name.

- Jan

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Tell my story? well, it's not spectacular, but I like talking about myself so here it is:

Well, I have been a witness for about seven years. I got in at seventeen, and blindly followed everything that I was taught. In all honesty I can say that I believed with all my heart and soul. After high school, I went to college, something the elders did _not_ approve of. And they approved even less about my chosen study - history.

I started thinking and doubting and somewhere I finally started thinking logically. One of the things that bothered me was "If Jehovah guides this organisation, why does he allow so many mistakes that put a stain on his holy name?" There is no logic to it. Reading Crisis of Conscience gave me the final shove to tell the elders of my dying faith. I have been excluded five months ago, and have honestly never been happier in my life.

The ability to just think for yourself the right and freedom to express your doubts, it is so precious. There is fault in every regime that uses mind control and / or censure, the organisation uses both.

It is good to be free.

Viv.

Edited by - vivamus on 19 July 2002 16:11:30

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You remind me of Crawdad.I wonder why that is?...OUTLAW

• SYN
    SYN

How, exactly, is Mr. Bowen "going too far"?

Last time I checked, the surface of the problem hasn't even been scratched yet, not even by HIS valiant efforts!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Ruby is HOT

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    have said the Watchtower, not his organisation?

You cannot separate the two. The organization is a publishing company and one of the things it publishes is the watchtower.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

love god

love jesus

despise distrust wbts

distrust jehovahs witnesses

feel sorry for the good but deluded jw's

don't trust but have pity for you

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Why does Jehovah and the Watchtower need to be linked? Do you think they are one and the same? Personally, I still love God, by whatever name anyone chooses to call Him. But, I have little or no use for the Watchtower or any other organized religion. All are control groups and claim God is theirs.

I just can't believe Him to be so petty as to require the exact pronunciation of a name that noone really knows what it is.

Lew W

• ISP
    ISP

I don't like too much Jehovah.....the anti-matter god or the Watchtower.

ISP

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Me too,

I agree with everything DakotaRed said.

YoursChelbie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit